is it possible to "pause" the incoming email on your bb?
    Last edited by chinesecatt; 11-11-07 at 11:51 PM. Reason: for FAQ
    11-11-07 07:43 PM
    Pause as in, a certain part of the day where you just don't want to receive any emails? I am not familiar with the Pearl, but with the Curve, you can just basically turn your Data Services to Off. Options > Mobile Network > Data Services : Off

I do this when all I want are basically phone functions such as calls, sms, etc.
    11-11-07 08:00 PM
    yeah thats what i'm talking about. like while i'm sleeping i dont want my phone ringing for emails and such. so, by doing that you basically shut off just the incoming e-mail, correct? all other functions such as, incoming calls and texts will still come through?
    11-11-07 08:14 PM
    Yes that is correct.

There are times that I do want my emails but I don't want to be notified whatsoever that I received them. So with that, I created a profile where LED Flashing and Tune were set to off or none.
    11-11-07 08:28 PM
    Calls are voice and text are data.....so you'd get the calls but not the texts..

Nice tip, Chinesecatt, didn't know that one.
    11-11-07 08:28 PM
    Thanks juwaack68. Monitoring the Off-Topic is sooo crazy and I am getting like 100+ emails a day. I was going insane listening to my notifiers everytime they post in there.. lol. I had to find a way to keep my sanity

Now I can check my separate inboxes when I want to and not be forced by the RED BLINKING LED telling me to check my inbox already. Whew!
    11-11-07 08:34 PM
    hypnotik126 from what i read I think you are talking about at night...right??? If so then i have my Pearl automatically turn off at 10 pm and back on at 7 am. Found in "options" and "Auto on/off" No interruptions at night and back to work in the morning.
    11-11-07 10:18 PM
    yeah, well not only at night..another scenario would be when i'm just emailing back and forth with someone on the computer, and every time i get a reply my phone would go off too and i theres no need to look at it since i'm already on the computer. i would turn off my phone at night, but i like to leave it on...i'll try making a new profile just like chinesecatt said, and use it in the evenings.

Thanks for all the advice
    11-11-07 10:40 PM
    You can also go to profiles and click on the "phone only" option. This will still allow you to recieve your emails and text messages but will only ring if you a have telephone call. Hope that can help you.
    11-17-07 10:38 PM
    Hi,

This thread was useful but I'm wanting more!

I'd like to receive all my text data but I don't want to receive my email when I'm at my desktop. Is it possible to just turn off or pause the email only?

Thanks!
    02-25-08 02:16 PM
    It seems that 'phone only' is a profile on some bb's that just shuts off notifications, but email is still coming in.

I tried turning data services off, which should work, I just hope I don't recieve a days worth of email once I turn it on. It also is a pain to turn off data services each morning when I arrive at work.

I wish there was a way to disable the push email on the BIS portal. But it looks like I would have to delete the account and then add it, which wreaks havoc on my calendar. If it matters, I am using IMAP with GMail.

~S
    Last edited by snowsquirrel; 01-06-09 at 07:36 AM. Reason: found answer to original question
    01-06-09 07:22 AM
    "It also is a pain to turn off data services each morning when I arrive at work. I wish there was a way to disable the push email..."

That's exactly my case. Anyone found out how to disable only the push email (keeping texts)?
    08-11-10 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD