Noob question...I could not find what I was looking for in a search here, and another forums FAQ was not clear enough...

When I finally make the leap to the BB, I have about 7 e-mail addresses that will need to be on the device. I see that I can set up BIS to get retrieve the mail, but that opens a few questions...
    1) When the messages are retrieved from the various accounts, will they all be in the same inbox?
    2) If I reply to the message, is it from the actual account, or will it be from the blackberry.net address?
    3) When I delete items on the BB, will it then delete them from the original mail server?

Is there a way to set up the device to do a send and receive on each account by adding the accounts to the device itself instead of via BIS?

Another topic...synchronization...
    I will not be able to connect the device to my Corporate BES, so it will be for my personal e-mail...but what about calendar? Will I be able to set up the device and my laptop for a plug in sync with my Outlook calendar (in the same old boring way my WM device does now)?

Thanks for helping me out on this...I would like to be as prepared as possible for the changes in my routine when I make the migration to the new device...

KL
    07-01-08 03:19 PM
    1) When the messages are retrieved from the various accounts, will they all be in the same inbox? Your choice. You can have an icon for all of them and/or and icon for each account.
    2) If I reply to the message, is it from the actual account, or will it be from the blackberry.net address? It will be from the account if you click on the icon for that account and then reply. If you set up a blackberry.net account then you can also reply from there too.
    3) When I delete items on the BB, will it then delete them from the original mail server? You can choose, from the phone or both.

Is there a way to set up the device to do a send and receive on each account by adding the accounts to the device itself instead of via BIS? No, BIS pushes everything to your account. You have a choice of BIS or BIS unless you use webmail.

Another topic...synchronization...
    I will not be able to connect the device to my Corporate BES, so it will be for my personal e-mail...but what about calendar? Will I be able to set up the device and my laptop for a plug in sync with my Outlook calendar (in the same old boring way my WM device does now)? YES!
    Welcome to Crackberry
    07-01-08 03:27 PM
    Thank you Pete6 for the prompt response. That calms any of the fears I had about making the leap....

Of course, now I just need ATT to release the Bold and I can actually make the move...

Thanks again

KL
    07-01-08 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD