Hi I am new and might have an 8820 for sale if I cant figure out how to send sms messgages. My phone will receive text messages just fine, when you click menu, where you would think reply would be, i only have reply via email. I just want to compose or send sms messages. I do have a texting plan. I do not have a any blackberry enterprising stuff. I am on AT&T and the phone is second hand via ebay. HELP PLEASE

Summation: I have to option in the messaging menu for creating a text message, only email??????????
    09-20-08 11:39 PM
    Ensure your message center number is correct. Go to Options then SMS text.

Mine says +13123149810

I think yours might be the same. Then after entering this, restart your device.

09-21-08 12:39 AM
    Mine is the same as well. Any idea why I do not even have the option of sending a text. It's not that they will attempt and fail, I have no option. Only choice is email or call.
    09-21-08 01:41 AM
    Go to the BIS website and send your service books. This shouldn't even have anything to do with it, but try it out.

If that doesn't work, then the previous owner might have jacked it up. Use JL_CMDER.

Steps:

Backup your data on DM.
    Download and install your OS (4.2 or if you have a 4.5)
    Then wipe your data using JL_CMDER. If you have Vista, remember to run it as Administrator.
    Then use DM to reinstall your OS
    Restore the backed up data

You should then be afforded the option.
    09-21-08 01:46 AM
    Also welcome to Crackberry!
    09-21-08 01:51 AM
    thanks for the welcome. The blackberry has been restored to factory settings. It is blowing my mind, I can receive a message but cannot reply. Do i need to talk with my local at&t store or what? All I want this phone for is qwerty keyboard for texting.
    09-21-08 02:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD