Hello, I will be upgrading my VerizonWireless phone soon, and i was wondering if I wether or not i should switch to a blackberry

I will NOT be using it for internet, simply because i cant afford to pay monthly for it, and/or any service packets. Basically i'll be using it as a "regular" phone, nothing that i have to pay extra for will be included in there.

So, my question is, will the Pearl 8130 (2) be a good phone without such applications? Is it still worth it to buy it for whatever else it's got? or will it be just like any other phone?
    If it is, i could just buy a more "stylish" phone to use.

I want to know because i would like a phone that could do more than what a regular phone would do, just not have to pay extra for it. So, should I buy the pearl when it comes out for verizon?? Thanks.
    10-10-07 06:32 PM
    Well.... If you are not going to have a data plan on your BB (I cant believe I'm saying this!) there really is no point in having 1!! Without data you cant access the web or get email! If your looking for a cool phone I would look at the new LG's coming out in November they look pretty slick.
    10-10-07 06:37 PM
    So without a data plan the phone is basically a regular phone, features are all the same? ?

And, just to make sure im not off here, a BB data plan is paid for monthly correct? and how much would that be (avg.)
    10-10-07 10:03 PM
    Correct w/o a data plan there really is no point to having a BB. Data plans are monthly and really vary... $10.00-$40.00/month depending on your carrier and plan.
    10-10-07 10:07 PM
    For what it's worth I have a blackberry curve on t-mobile and I don't have data. T-Mobile has an e-mail only plan, and it's been great so far. The only things I can't access are gps and IM other than that, grouped texts are great, wi-fi lets me access links from my e-mail and bb messenger is awesome! Not to mention personal organizer functions! Good luck!
    10-10-07 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD