hey, before my phone used to notify me when i got a new PIN mssg, and not it doesnt. Majority of the time I have it on Vibrate, and in my profile settings, everything is all on vibrate. I get alerts when i receive a new txt mssg, email etc. except PIN mssg...........can someone please help me???
    09-14-07 04:26 PM
    Are your PINS set as Level 1 messages?
    09-14-07 04:57 PM
    Are your PINS set as Level 1 messages?
    how do i do that? (i have a 8300)
    09-14-07 05:00 PM
    Messages / Options / General Options

there is a line - Make PIN Messages Level 1 - select yes.

Then you can even go into Profiles and select a particular notification for Level 1 messages.
    09-14-07 05:08 PM
    Messages / Options / General Options

there is a line - Make PIN Messages Level 1 - select yes.

Then you can even go into Profiles and select a particular notification for Level 1 messages.
    hahah........u guys are awesome!!!!!! JESUS LOVES U MAN!!!
    09-14-07 05:10 PM
    Have you noticed now that the PIN messages appear in red on your message log/list?
    Kinda freaked me out at first!
    09-14-07 07:10 PM
    Have you noticed now that the PIN messages appear in red on your message log/list?
    Kinda freaked me out at first!
    yea, i did. can i change that?
    09-18-07 01:07 PM
    I don't think so.
    As far as I can tell, the only way to change the color is to make the PIN messages not Level 1. Then you are back to the whole problem of not being notified.
    09-18-07 01:58 PM
    true. but thanks anyways
    09-20-07 03:30 PM
    Can someone please explain to me what the PIN messages level 1 option is for and what it actually does and the benefits of using it?

Sorry if this is a n00b question, but everyone started as a n00b, and i must say im addicted to my bb.curve 8310 already
    12-13-07 06:09 AM
    Also - how do i get emicons for my bb name ? add a users pin, and they appeared to have smileys and hearts in their bb name
    12-13-07 06:10 AM
    is it possible to make the bb vibrate and ring at same time, not vibrate and then ring ?
    12-13-07 06:13 AM
    is it possible to make the bb vibrate and ring at same time, not vibrate and then ring ?
    welcome to the addiction DF! idk the answers to your other questions, but I do know the answer to this one..... it's unfortunately "no". I think it's something that's "hard coded" in the units.
    12-13-07 06:22 AM
    I'm going out on a limb here and taking a guess, but I would say that being able to set PIN messages to level 1 goes back to Blackberrys "original" use of a corporate device primarily.
    You may want to ignore calls or outside email, but if you are getting a PIN message (allegedly from a co-worker or someone in your company that has your PIN) you may not want to ignore it.
    12-13-07 06:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD