Hi all,

Ok so I've had my Sophieberry for a week now and I'm truly loving it. Besides the fact that I can't download applications to my SD card like I could on my WM phone, I'm truly in love.

But one thing has been getting me.....My phone chirps a notification every now and then but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is? Got my SMS, MMS, and all emails set to a different ring tone. Facebook, and MySpace is the same. Whatever this chirping notification is, its something that doesn't put an icon on my home screen. So I can't figure out what it is and its driving me mad! LOL The only thing I have set to chirp is notifications from Twitter, but I've checked that several times and nothing new is there.

So please, help me out.....how do I figure out what my phone is trying to tell me when there's no notification on my homescreen?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can solve this mystery for me.
    11-23-08 04:40 PM
    Do you have a Myspace or Facebook application? It is most likely that.

edit- whoops sorry I guess i didn't read that part in your post.
    11-23-08 04:45 PM
    Go into messages > menu > view folder > check all of them. If nothing, it could be an alarm or calender entry. Calender entries come standard with 5 min notifications, which can be changed.
    11-23-08 05:26 PM

So, did we welcome you? If not, Hello & welcome to the family!
    Did Sophie quit chriping @ you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 05:39 PM
    Ok of course since I sent that message my sophiaberry hasn't chirped once. I'll have to try all the advice the next random time she chirps at me. I've checked the folders, checked the notifications,nothing is set to chirp that I can see. Annoying but I'm sure I'll figure it out sooner or later. Or I'll come back on here to complain and beg for help,lol

And thanks for the welcomes! You all are so inviting!
    11-23-08 06:30 PM
    Just wondering if maybe it's your signal going in and out of coverage. I don't have the curve, but I've had phones that would "Loose the Network" on the regular and would "chirp" when it lost the network and "chirp" when it found the network again. Just a thought.
    11-23-08 07:47 PM
    Hmmm network coverage? Now that might be it. I'll have to check my bars next time I hear a chirp. Thanks 2Krunk

So much to learn about this little berry.....
    11-23-08 09:01 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    11-23-08 09:53 PM
    Well now its not chirping but giving me another notification sound. Managed to pin it down to a Twitter chime, but its not a direct message or anything. Maybe just everytime the Twitter friend status updates or something. Anyway, thin I'm used to it by now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 09:30 PM
    If you have TwitterBerry installed, check all the settings, in Options \ TwitterBerry...

I have everything set to NONE, except for direct messages. If not, the device will be making sounds, or vibrating all day! I really would not get anything done...
    01-04-09 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD