How do I set my password so it needs to be typed in when I turn on my phone? Is that possible? Right now my password only comes on after I don't touch it for 30 minutes. Thanks
    09-09-08 05:31 PM
    09-09-08 05:43 PM
    How do I set my password so it needs to be typed in when I turn on my phone? Is that possible? Right now my password only comes on after I don't touch it for 30 minutes. Thanks
    I'm stumped by your question, because my 8830 is always password locked when I turn it on. I don't know any way to prevent it being password locked on power up. It's not an option that I can see. That said, I am on a BES with passwords enforced by my IT policy, so it's possible that power up password protection is enabled by my IT policy. If that's the case, I still don't know how you can get it. If that's not the case, I don't know why you don't have it by default.
    09-09-08 11:17 PM
    I'm stumped by your question, because my 8830 is always password locked when I turn it on. I don't know any way to prevent it being password locked on power up. It's not an option that I can see. That said, I am on a BES with passwords enforced by my IT policy, so it's possible that power up password protection is enabled by my IT policy. If that's the case, I still don't know how you can get it. If that's not the case, I don't know why you don't have it by default.
    hey jeff would it matter what bb the person has because the type of bb is not mentioned ...and if it does not matter then i just don't know
    09-09-08 11:24 PM
    Generic stuff that's been around forever, like passwords, typically works the same independent of phone model. Passwords on my 8830 work just like they did on my previous 7250. Maybe it's a BES issue. I don't know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 11:38 PM
    oh ok thanks
    i know when i had a cell phone that if i turned it off and if it were turned on it would turn on but to use it you had to put the code but i searched my curve and there seems not to be that option and thats what topsin567 wants to do
    09-09-08 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD