Hi all,

Well, the more I putter around the CB forums, the more frustrated I get! In another thread, Jeff told a user that the BB Desktop Manager would let you use Switch Device Wizard and move Palm Data over to the BB. Given all the trouble I've had moving my info from Palm to BB, I was amazed if it could be that simple.

And yes, I was right to worry, because it does not work.

So, I connect my BB to the computer via USB.
    I connect my Palm T|X (yes T|X not Treo) to the computer via USB.

I fire up Switch Device Wizard -- and NOTHING.

I can't select Palm Treo or Desktop Software because it's greyed out!

So, do I have to enter all these calendar entries by hand?

At least I finally got Outlook working with my BB but is there no end to my Palm to BB troubles? Palm Desktop was such a wonderful system. I love my BB but I hate how difficult it is to keep things going on the desktop.
    11-24-08 03:27 AM
    Yeah, I had that problem as well. The BB Desktop migration wizard only works with certain Palm Desktop versions. So if you have a later version of the Palm Desktop, you are SOL - so to speak. What I ended up having to do was using the program that Palm has on the Palm Desktop software CD that migrates info from the Palm Desktop to Outlook. I would try that. Failing that, I know my fiance bought some software that will migrate Palm info to Outlook. It was no more than $30. Hope this helps I feel your pain though - migrating Palm info to BB is a pain in the ****.
    11-24-08 10:42 AM
    1. Make sure your handheld has your latest info (just in case)
    2. Move all your Palm files out of the folders they're in (e.g. /Palm, /PalmOne) drag them to the desktop.
    3. Uninstall Palm Desktop 6.2. (you can always reinstall it again)
    3. Download palm: /downloads.palm.com/PD414esetup.exe
    4. Run the installer from an administrator account with admin rights
    5. Create a shortcut from the new palm.exe
    6. If you're got Vista, make sure you're running Palm 4.1 in compatibility mode with Windows XP, and run it as an administrator.

You'll be fine. You can then use the Blackberry switcher.
    04-04-09 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD