Will outlook email groups transfer to a Blackberry via sync and then can you send out an email to that group from the Blackberry? Probably a stupid question, but want to know for sure before I buy my the Curve.
    08-31-08 05:55 PM
    No, Outlook email distribution lists do not sync to the BlackBerry.
    08-31-08 11:31 PM
    That is a surprise as I thought it would. So how do bb users normally email to groups? Do they build a group on the bb device or do it on the bb email service. This is probably basic stuff to bb users, but I am obviously a newcomer and emailing to groups is something I do on a daily basis from my home an office PC. I was hoping to do this from a bb to save time and that is one of the main reasons for considering a bb.
    09-01-08 05:13 AM
    You can create a group on the BB. Open your address book, press the menu key and select New Group.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-08 06:29 AM
    I normally use the email distribution list in Outlook for group mailings, but you can do it using Groups as doktrgroove pointed out. I don't do it that way because then I'd have to be concerned with keeping the Groups on my BlackBerry consistent with the lists in Outlook, because the BB Groups don't sync with Outlook, either.
    09-01-08 08:38 AM
    If you create a new email group on your bb and then syn with outlook, do you loose the new group or is it maintained on the bb even after the sync?
    09-01-08 03:15 PM
    I''m running BES. With BES, the new group will remain in the BlackBerry's address book. It just won't be synched to Outlook. I have no reason to think it would be different with BIS, but I suggest you make a small group, say two entries, and synch it, before you spend all day creating groups!
    09-01-08 03:32 PM
    Thank you the is very helpful.
    09-01-08 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD