Is this a normal thing? Since we're limited on the amount of space IT will give us we archive most things as we get them. I usually move a message a local pst file as needed. I've noticed that when I do this from Outlook it still remains in my inbox on the BB even after I reconcile.

Thanks

Josh
    02-19-08 01:14 PM
    If you are using the Enterprise edition then there is an option that has to be checked off in the server end that your I.T dept will have to check off.
    02-19-08 03:28 PM
    Javi -
    We called RIM about the issue Josh is experiencing and they told us that this is the normal behavior for the BES server. The only way that the BB knows to delete a message is by polling the Deleted Items folder in Outlook. Therefore, when you move a message to a PST archive the BB does not know what to do with the message and will by default play it safe a leave it on the BB. The only way I know to get around this is to copy the message to your archive and then delete the original message so that the BB will know to delete it. This is not very efficient. I would be very interested in finding a setting on the BES server that would work - please provide us with more information.

Thanks.
    02-20-08 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD