hey, had a quick question. im planning on trying out one of the beta releases out there and i was wondering if i should optimize my phones memory via stoners guide before i do my upgrade or whether i should wait till after
    06-30-08 02:57 PM
    hey, had a quick question. im planning on trying out one of the beta releases out there and i was wondering if i should optimize my phones memory via stoners guide before i do my upgrade or whether i should wait till after
    After you get everything installed.
    06-30-08 02:58 PM
    When you upgrade the OS, all your memory gets wiped anyhow.

Stoner's guide is brilliant. It is the way to go when you have gained enough experience.

If you are contemplating an upgrade I would try it pretty much as standard first and then slowly begin to run once walking is established.

A re-installation takes an hour so it's no real loss.
    06-30-08 03:00 PM
    If this is your first OS upgrade, then I would recommend doing your first install without memory optimization.

Assuming everything goes smoothly, go ahead and do the memory optimization. You probably would not have issues doing a memory optimization off the bat... but in case something messes up, it is easier to narrow down your issue if you did not attmpt optimizing memory for your first install

I am confident you will be fine!
    06-30-08 03:05 PM
    awsome thx for the quick replys and advice
    06-30-08 03:06 PM
    awsome thx for the quick replys and advice
    Good Luck
    06-30-08 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD