Hi all,
    after reading all the posts I can find about downloading ringtones (or any media) to my BB I am pretty confused and whatever I try, my BB still won't accpet ringtones.
    So from what I gather, I need to download Desktop Manager, so I download the newest one.
    From one thread, it said to delete the xendor.xml file or something like that yet a) I couldn't and didn't even know how to locate it b)I never had an older version of desktop manager so is that necassary?
    As well, I need a new Operating System? Does that mean a new OS for my BB? I think I have downloaded this from the BB site, but when I plug in my BB to my PC and click application loader, Im not quite sure what do that after that.
    But, as confusing as that may seem, my main point is the ringtone.
    So I downloaded the one I want from crackberry.com and the desktop manger is up and running ready to transfer to ringtone to my BB, however, when I plug in my BB to my PC via the cable, it says "device not connected" and my BB screen turns into the waiting symbol (turning sandglass) and then just shuts off!!
    Does the OS or Desktop manger have anythng to do with me not being able to get any ringtones on my BB?
    I really hope all this was clear and that someone can give me some advice!!

Thanks,
    confused!
    11-15-07 03:03 PM
    Take a stroll through this site. You'll find lots of good, useful info to help guide you through the Blackberry maze!

Main Page - BlackBerryFAQ
    11-15-07 03:41 PM
    Hi thanks, I already did..about 10 times and its still not working.
    Can anyone just tell me how I get a ringtone on my BB since plugging in my BB to my PC through desktop manager doesn't seem to work.

thanks
    11-15-07 08:15 PM
    Hi,
    as a newbie in the newbie forum, can anyone help me out?
    11-16-07 05:43 PM
    go to www.tuneusin.com using the browser on your BB - you can download ringtones right from the site directly to your BlackBerry.
    11-16-07 07:36 PM
    Thank you MiniBB
    but, I don't have internet access on my BB. It is an unlocked blackberry that I only use for phone calls and text messages, I don't use the browser at all.
    Is there something I am doing wrong with the OS/Desktop Manager?

thanks
    11-18-07 06:16 PM
    Plug in your BB to your computer and you can drag and drop your mp3's from a folder on your computer to the ringtones folder in your BB.
    Sorta same as you would move around stuff on your computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-07 06:40 PM
    Plug in your BB to your computer and you can drag and drop your mp3's from a folder on your computer to the ringtones folder in your BB.
    Sorta same as you would move around stuff on your computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thank you,
    but everytime I plug in my BB w/o desktop manager, nothing happens
    AND, when I plug it in WITH desktop manager, it says device not connected
    11-19-07 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD