Hi all!! I just got a new bb pearl and my carrier is verizon. I've been reading up on the opera mini browser and want to install it. However, when I go to the link, it says it is not supported via Verizon. Is this true? If so, is there something else out there I can use to help me navigate the web? If it's not true, I guess I'll just go and download it. Also, another question, when I try to view websites that have to navigate to another page, a screen comes up and says trust certificate, cancel, etc. So basically, I can't move past this page. I tried but it gets hung up and takes forever to get off the screen. Any help would be appreciated. Also, is there a shortcut to Facebook? I also tried to get to that page and it wouldn't let me login, well it tried, and the browser took forever and I ended up just canceling out. HELP....I'm a newbie.
    08-29-08 07:21 AM
    Opera mini does work on the VZW 8830. Try an uninstall / re-install or a battery pull and see if that resolves the issue. I have friends running Opera on an 8830, but it is quirky sometimes. I am not sure why they have posted the message that it does not work on Verizon on the Opera website. You may want to go right to the source at Opera. Here is a link to the forums:

Opera Mini - Opera Community
    08-29-08 07:57 AM
    This is the link for the OTA that you need. http://mini.opera.com/mini.jad?cert=...ion=hifi&rel=4
    Welcome to CB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-08 09:18 AM
    Hey !

I downloaded what I thought was opera mini 3.0 and it put 4.0 on there. Also if I go to myspace it shows it in another language, can I get some input or help on this issue. I would like to also know how to remove a program from the BB 8330

J-Money
    08-30-08 12:12 PM
    Hey !

I downloaded what I thought was opera mini 3.0 and it put 4.0 on there. Also if I go to myspace it shows it in another language, can I get some input or help on this issue. I would like to also know how to remove a program from the BB 8330

J-Money
    Here's the OTA for 3.0, http://mini.opera.com/mini.jad?rnd=1...ion=hifi&rel=3
    08-30-08 01:33 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!!

08-30-08 01:42 PM
    Which is really better opera mini 4.0 or 3.0? while i tried downloading 4.0 the only one i could get to download and not fail shortly after starting was the very last one with no trusted certificate is there a reason why the other 3 that had trusted certificates would not download would that be something that because im on alltel they dont allow or what?
    09-30-08 06:18 PM
    when i went to operamini with the bb browser it says it recommended 4.1 for my device
    is that ancient? is it any better than the bb browser or should i go ahead and dl the 4.2? obvs nooB here.
    thanks!
    11-14-08 01:00 AM
    Hi,

I have downloaded the opera mini in my set but can't get connected to internet. Pls advice me how can i activate opera & browse internet
    11-14-08 02:42 AM
    when i went to operamini with the bb browser it says it recommended 4.1 for my device
    is that ancient? is it any better than the bb browser or should i go ahead and dl the 4.2? obvs nooB here.
    thanks!
    OM 4.2 OTA
    I'm running 4.2, no complaints. It's not better, it's different. I use it when I go to full web sites, makes em easier to navigate.

11-14-08 09:04 AM
    Welcome to CB! Opera Mini works great on my Curve 8330.
    11-14-08 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD