I've downloaded operamini for my 8800 which i checked on website to be clear, which i then tried to install onto my phone it then asks me to allow connections which i do but then it tries to connect to install the software for it but it fails at the end after 5 attempts.

The message box comes up and says the following:
    The application operette$2dhifi has attempted to open a connection to a
    location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy.

After the message at the end it says Failed to connect to the internet.

What I'm I doing wrong?

Also I'm with orange on a unlocked O2 phone. works fine with the other provider as well.

So any help would be great.

Thanks

David

Love the website/ and my phone
    Last edited by 8800lover; 09-21-08 at 07:43 PM. Reason: more information to write on it
    09-21-08 07:33 PM
    When Opera Mini opens, its merely checking for an internet connection. The app is already installed. Personally I think that message is misleading. Are you on BES? Did you get your phone new or second hand? Through work? Have you tried entering the TCP options?
    09-21-08 07:41 PM
    I brought the phone from ebay uk. hardly used replacement from a contract. BES not sure what that mean't. personal use not sure what settings under TCP options
    09-21-08 08:01 PM
    Okay do this for me. GO to Manager Connections, and click on Services Status. Does BlackBerry enterprise server connection say it is connected or not connect?
    09-21-08 08:03 PM
    Yes. It says Connection :Mobile network
    Thats all
    09-21-08 08:10 PM
    If you are on BES, then this will be something you will need to talk to your BES admin about.
    09-21-08 08:49 PM
    Not sure who u mean. Do i have to contact blackberry themselves or orange the network?
    09-21-08 08:55 PM
    09-21-08 09:00 PM
    I've downloaded operamini for my 8800 which i checked on website to be clear, which i then tried to install onto my phone it then asks me to allow connections which i do but then it tries to connect to install the software for it but it fails at the end after 5 attempts.

The message box comes up and says the following:
    The application operette$2dhifi has attempted to open a connection to a
    location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy.

After the message at the end it says Failed to connect to the internet.

What I'm I doing wrong?

Also I'm with orange on a unlocked O2 phone. works fine with the other provider as well.

So any help would be great.

Thanks

David

Love the website/ and my phone

I had no problem with installation or running the application, if you have not or has not been advised to do this, you need to go in to Options, scroll down to TCP open it under your APN you should enter whatever your carrier wap site address is, for me I am on Tmobile and it is, "wap.voicestream. com" if you do no do this it will not connect or configure(it is misleading when saying installing, it is trying to connect it is already on your 8800). I see you have Orange find the wap address and enter it under APN leave the username and password blank.

BES stands for Blackberry Enterprise Service and BIS is Blackberry Internet Service, if you received your blackberry from your company you probably have BES, if your 8800 is a personal one for your own personal use, and when you got your account from Orange(?) and add a data plan on your own it is probably BIS blackberry internet service. I hope that this help and clear up things a little for you. And that thing with the TCP should help you with installing and configuring your Opera browser. Good Luck.
    Last edited by bpbrown; 09-22-08 at 02:20 PM. Reason: error correction
    09-22-08 01:01 AM
    Still saying the same problem, same thing as the first message i said about..Failed to connect to the internet.

Not sure what to do

Thanks.

Do i write the WAP as capitals or normal lettering?
    09-23-08 07:07 AM
    To everybody who tried to help me on this problem I have found the answer. It was to do with the TCP setting but dumb person wrote the wap wrong THANKS TO DUMB PEOPLE OF ORANGE NETWORK WHO GAVE ME THE WRONG INFO MORONS. Sorry for writing that part but it was their wong info that screwed me up.

all it was was orangewap THATS IT.LOL

So thank u all for your help

God bless crackberry people everywhere

David
    09-24-08 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD