*Brainstorm*

Well, I've officially posted, for the first time on a thread. Maybe this is #2 (M1-1911-A1 forum), but I am in no way a "seasoned vet" to the internet blogging, social networking world.

Sitting at my desk, doing my usual "what does crackberry.com have in store today" gander, I began to long, desire, and need to become a power using/expert/addict. How would I do this? I don't own a smart phone, have barley graced my roommates BB Pearl, and don't have the ca$h to outright buy a brand spanking new Storm2.

I want to blog about my experience, every trial, tense moment, and triumph fulling my every internet dream, becoming a BB power user/expert/addict through channels like Youtube, Twitter, and Crackberry.com to help others find the true potential of there RIM smartphones.

Now all I need is the tutelage of some generous expert to get the ball rolling, and a wing to hide under.

What say you Crackberry.com Family, what say you?

Sincerely,

Shanemcia
    Last edited by Shanemcia; 10-27-09 at 10:07 PM.
    10-27-09 10:05 PM
    No need to start with a Storm2. Buy a used one to get your feet wet and you will learn a lot on your own and on here. Oh and welcome to Crackberry
    10-27-09 10:29 PM
    That's interesting; a 1911 .45 forum? If that's correct; two thumbs up!
    Not sure of what you're asking but, get into the Blackberry 101 lectures sessions to truly learn about the capabilities of the Blackberry and play with your roomie's BB.
    10-27-09 10:32 PM
    Most new people to Blackberrys won't use all of the features hence why they made the 8520 as a "starter" blackberry.

If you're looking at the storm2 then you're looking at verizon and I'd say wait for the 8520 its more baby stepping into the blackberry experience for the non techys
    10-27-09 10:40 PM
    That's how it all starts...an urge.

i'd say look at your carriers less expensive BlackBerry devices to start with. i'm on wap and cannot see who you are using.

You can't go wrong with a reliable Curve. They are most likely free now with a 2 year upgrade... Since you mentioned your lack of funds. However, you'll have to get a BlackBerry data plan. Make sure you can afford that.

Go to your carrier store and play with a few, use a friends or just read up on them here.

Check out the BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series ! This will help you with the basics such as downloading apps, themes, wallpaper, ringtones. It's also a good idea to browse the forums and read as much as possible. Many questions you have are answered there already!

Also check out app descriptions to see if a BlackBerry is the device you need.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 10:44 PM
    if you feel your really going to get into blackberries though dont do as i did and get a device just to have a blackberry as now i wish i got one with bigger memory for more apps and possibly a full keyboard.
    10-27-09 10:52 PM
    That's how it all starts...an urge.

i'd say look at your carriers less expensive BlackBerry devices to start with. i'm on wap and cannot see who you are using.

You can't go wrong with a reliable Curve. They are most likely free now with a 2 year upgrade... Since you mentioned your lack of funds. However, you'll have to get a BlackBerry data plan. Make sure you can afford that.

Go to your carrier store and play with a few, use a friends or just read up on them here.

Check out the This will help you with the basics such as downloading apps, themes, wallpaper, ringtones. It's also a good idea to browse the forums and read as much as possible. Many questions you have are answered there already!

Also check out app descriptions to see if a BlackBerry is the device you need.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry .com
    Thanks Chrisy,

Where would I find myself a used blackberry that I could trust to be in good, if not great working order? Ebay doesn't really seem like a place I would like to purchase a phone that I would be relying on to keep my day organized and answering emails.

I have Verizon service and like the Idea of a Tour or Curve but Wifi is something that I would like to have.

Any Suggestions?
    10-28-09 12:05 AM
    And I thought I was the "only" one here on CrackBerry & the gun boards...

Love my crackberry. Barely use the pc to surf the msg boards.

10-28-09 06:38 AM
    Thanks Chrisy,

Where would I find myself a used blackberry that I could trust to be in good, if not great working order? Ebay doesn't really seem like a place I would like to purchase a phone that I would be relying on to keep my day organized and answering emails.

I have Verizon service and like the Idea of a Tour or Curve but Wifi is something that I would like to have.

Any Suggestions?
    If not eBay, then check the Marketplace section here on CrackBerry.

Also, as i stated above, your carrier is probably offering a free or low cost BlackBerry if you're eligible to upgrade. If you're with VZW i'd recommend the 8330 or 9630.

10-28-09 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD