Well, my name for the time being is Jiggybee. A bit about me: I'm 22, a violinist, recent college grad starting her first full-time job. I have several "hobbies", one of those being new technology, specifically phones. I love learning about the latest and greatest, and reading "X vs. Y" debates. I guess you could say I'm an amateur nerd.

I've never used a Blackberry before, and currently own a Droid X. I had an iPod Touch for almost a year, so I'm familiar with how iPhones work. I've been on the Droid for almost a year, and own a Xoom. I LOVE Android on my tablet. I'm finding myself falling out of love with my phone. I do love Android and would take it over iOS any day, but I feel like it's more of a multimedia device than it is a phone. I don't watch movies, I don't download music, I certainly don't play games. I listen to music I've put on it, check my facebook, get emails, and obviously make calls. Oh, and I'm a texting fiend.

I'm tired of forced closes, lags, twitchy third party apps, hard resets... It's really annoying. Not as annoying as iOS is in general, but you get the idea.

My Droid was the coolest thing when it came out, but I was really hesitant to make the jump to a touch-only phone. I have to admit, Swype is AWESOME. However, I'm really missing having a keyboard. I had the opportunity to play with the Bold 9930 for a good 45 minutes, aaaaand I'm pretty sure I've found The Phone for me.

I'm going to get the Bold 9930 on Thursday. How can I make the transition from Android to BB easier? I've heard there's a bit of a learning curve when it comes to BB, but I learn quickly. Anything I should keep in mind?

I'm very much looking forward being a Crackberry user. I think I've finally found my home amidst the smartphone jungle.
    09-11-11 01:53 PM
    Welcome aboard and im a newbie as well i have the htc thunderbolt and i do also want the blackberry 9930 ive played with it for about and hour and im liking it looks like this is gonna be a fun experience for the both of us. Did you get your blackberry yet? i havent gotten mine yet cause im still an android user but i will get it soon
    09-20-11 07:08 AM
    Welcome to the both of you to CrackBerry. The BB addiction is not so painful after a while. Every smartphone has its quirks and BB is not different. Still the best phones ever in my hands.
    09-20-11 12:37 PM
    Welcome to crackberry. Mike

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-11 10:47 AM
    Ive been watching this site for two years with numerous devices and still cant find whats so addictive about it!!!!
    10-15-11 12:03 AM
    I play the violin to anyway hope you enjoy your new phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-11 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD