hello!

I'm wondering if there are any apps that allow for basic microsoft office extension viewing / editing without upgrading my 8330 to what I believe is 4.5.0.77? Any ideas or possibly motivation to do the upgrade would be appreciated I'm a new BB user and trying to avoid to much tinkering.. For now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-08 10:50 PM
    eOffice will allow you to edit Office files with OS 4.2 and later. I tried it months ago and didn't like it, but it's been reduced in price, plus it has a free trial, so you have nothing to lose by trying it.

If you know what you are doing, upgrading your 8330 to 4.5 will give you Docs-to-Go for free. That allows you to edit word, powerpoint, and excel files. But you shouldn't attempt an upgrade unless you know what you're doing. A good way to gain experience is to perform the CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig. Once you've mastered that, the upgrade will be much easier.
    10-19-08 11:07 PM
    OP, the upgrade will also give you html email, better browser, better BBM....bunch of stuff. The upgrade/downgrade procedure in jeffs sig is invaluable!
    10-19-08 11:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD