After years of wanting a blackberry I finally bought one. A Pearl 8130. Addictive is probably an understatement.

I do have a question. I have a 2gb memory card and the phone tells me "media card cannot be read. Verify that the memory card is formatted." I did format the card and it does work. The ringtones, pics etc. are where they should be and I was able to assign the ringtones to callers. That being said, should I be concerned about the "media card cannot be read" message.?

Thanks
    03-28-09 11:11 PM
    Welcome to the forums! I was not a fan of the Pearl but I am glad you are enjoying it !! As for the media card question, take a look into the forum about pearls and media cards. I wish I could be of more assistance BUT I forgot in my absence. Again Welcome glad to have you
    03-29-09 11:39 AM
    After years of wanting a blackberry I finally bought one. A Pearl 8130. Addictive is probably an understatement.

I do have a question. I have a 2gb memory card and the phone tells me "media card cannot be read. Verify that the memory card is formatted." I did format the card and it does work. The ringtones, pics etc. are where they should be and I was able to assign the ringtones to callers. That being said, should I be concerned about the "media card cannot be read" message.?

Thanks
    What exactly are you doing when you get that message?
    03-29-09 09:54 PM
    I was in options and clicked on remove media card. That's when it happens.
    03-30-09 01:23 AM
    I was in options and clicked on remove media card. That's when it happens.
    Remove media card? I don't ever recall seeing that in option? I don't see it on my Curve; I'll look at my Pearl and post back.

Nevermind.... I forgot to hit the menu button.

Remove the media card and reinsert it. It may not be making a proper connection.
    If that doesn't work, with the phone on, remove the battery for a few minutes- put it back in and once everything is booted back up, let us know is your media card recognized.
    Last edited by ScandaLeX; 03-30-09 at 01:31 AM.
    03-30-09 01:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD