Ok first off a shout out to all crackberry users. I'm a new user here, so be gentle with me.

Anyway i've been thinking about getting the blackberry for the past week. Where else to go to for best information? crackberry.com! So for the past few days i've been reading the reviews of the 8320 curve as well as googling miscellaneous info on the curve.

Made the plunge today and went to get the handset. At the same time, i signed up for bb internet service and got the tech support to configure my handset for me.

Well now that i'm home, i don't know where to begin. But in a good way. As in there's so much to do (syncing music, adding data, messenger, the works.) Right now im downloading windows live messenger. hope everything goes smoothly.

Now some of you might be wondering why not hold out for the Bold? Well, i did my homework and at the end of the day, i preferred the button layouts on the curve. Plus i'm pretty happy that the 8320 comes with wifi (even though there's no gps). Also, the Bold is taking forever to launch (here in Singapore) and i figured it's going to be much more costly. So oh well

Anyway, back to the curve. Cheers everyone.
    09-01-08 05:46 AM
    Welcome to the Crack
    09-01-08 06:26 AM
    Welcome to the family of crackberry addicts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-08 06:38 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!
    09-01-08 06:46 AM
    Welcome to the family.
    09-01-08 07:04 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry! If you haven't or don't have it already, upgrade your OS to 4.5. TRUST ME, you will be happy! My old phone (Motorola RIZR Z3) had the video recording capability. Even though the 8320 totally outshines it, I missed having video recording on my phone.

I waited, like you, did all my research and reading of forums about 4.5 OS. Bottom line, when I installed (no problems by the way), WOO HOO! Besides a cleaner look and feel, the video player and recorder are great!

I've had my BB about 3-4 months now and this device seems to top virtually every phone out! I refused to get an iPhone (an iPod w/ phone capabilities) and even though they have 3G, feature to feature, it still doesn't measure up to the 8320 or the new Bold!

Read and research the forums. You will be amazed at what this thing is capable of! I'm thinking about getting the Voyager GPS keychain. Why buy a $300-$600 device when my BB can do what I need!
    09-01-08 07:45 AM
    Good choice, and welcome! You'll learn loads from fellow crackberry members!
    09-01-08 07:50 AM
    Yeah, I'm loving the WiFi! Calls using my network from home.....WOW! I don't even have TMo@Home and this is great!

MP3 player plugged into the AUX jack of my car.....WOW! Now if I put movies on my BB....you should hear how they sound! Sure the screen is small but I don't have to worry about the bulk and weight (and heat) of my laptop now. I use my laptop for long trips (why get a mobile DVD player?).

Hands-free bluetooth device in my car.....Great! Now I use a separate device for this one (Motolora HF820). Yeah, there are better one out there but I use my on-ear bluetooth when I'm walking around. I stay virtually hands-free all day! I just deactivate my earpiece and activate my car bluetooth when I drive. Perfect!

Email and messaging.....I love it! And I can get .PDF files too? Who'd a thunk it?

The list goes on.......
    Last edited by Hamp; 09-01-08 at 08:01 AM.
    09-01-08 07:53 AM
    I was enamoured with the wifi as well, in fact the whole phone! RIM certainly have a really good product and if crackberry is anything to go by, a lot of loyal fans! I certainly won't be looking at another device. Never knew phones like this existed until recently
    09-01-08 07:58 AM
    I was enamoured with the wifi as well, in fact the whole phone! RIM certainly have a really good product and if crackberry is anything to go by, a lot of loyal fans! I certainly won't be looking at another device. Never knew phones like this existed until recently
    You said it exactly!
    09-01-08 08:03 AM
    You said it exactly!
    Anyone would think I was a giggly schoolgirl talking about my first crush, not a phone lol
    09-01-08 08:14 AM
    Welcome to the family.

09-01-08 08:18 AM
    Don't worry Kit, I think alot of people feel that way.

I've never been one to just go crazy but this device IS great and seems to have the ability to be better. Apple had to come out a NEW iphone and from my understanding, you STILL can't replace the battery in the damn thing when/if it goes out!

That was one of the things that sold me on BB!
    09-01-08 08:22 AM
    ...you STILL can't replace the battery in the damn thing when/if it goes out!

That was one of the things that sold me on BB!
    My biggest bugbear with them! Not to mention they're all shhh secret squirrel over everything when sharing info can only enhance products.
    09-01-08 08:31 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!!

09-01-08 08:39 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!
    09-01-08 07:54 PM
    Hello and welcome!
    09-01-08 08:08 PM
    Welcome to CB
    09-01-08 09:55 PM
    Thanks for all comments people! Really makes me feel homey.

Anyway, it's been 24 hours since i had the crack, and all i can say is this is the BEST phone i have ever purchased my entire life (worst phone-LG viewty). Glad i passed on the iphone.

Anyway, one of you mentioned upgrading to OS 4.5. I'm currently running on v4.2.2.184. This is where things start getting a little hazy cos i'm using a Mac. And i've heard about many people having problems trying to update/sync with their macs. Sure i've heard of pocketmac but i think i'm going to hold out for a couple more days just to get a feel for the curve before i start "hacking" it.

Loves so far:
    1. Ability to have all my e-mails pushed in realtime.
    2. Windows messenger, googletalk, even facebook.
    3. Wifi - gotta love it
    4. Ringtones that sound like a real phone and not some mp3 player
    5. Short learning curve
    6. Being able to view pdfs
    7. Able to view text messages like a chat function
    8. List goes on...

Hates so far:
    1. I really can't think of any. Ok i did a full 8 hour charge yesterday and before i went to sleep, i had my music player running along with wifi. woke up this morning and saw 1/5 of the battery gone. Felt a little paranoid then...

Having said that, anyone got any tips for reading steamlined emails? I don't really enjoy going through a whole list of web jargon (those that replaced photos, links etc). Or is that something i have to live with on a blackberry?
    09-02-08 04:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD