Hi- thanks for all you help with my previous question, but I find myself stuck once again.
    First something probably simple: When I have the profile set to loud, the still just vibrates when I get a SMS. How do I change that up?

Second: I installed the blackberry software, but when I try to use it, it is SO slow. My computer has enough free memory so that should not happen, is this common? It sped up a bit after I deleted all the songs it had automatically loaded, but its still crazy slow. I tried just putting one song in to start with, but when I tried to load it into the phone, it said there wasn't enough space- I think it said the limit was 2 point something without a card and the song was 3. something. What is this card and where do I get one, how much, and where do I put it?
    And finally (thanks for staying with me!) If I do succeed inloading some
    mp3s onto my blackberry (curve), can I set them as ringtones? I might not bother otherwise...

Thanks again!!
    -sea monkey
    09-15-08 07:43 AM
    I assume it's talking about a MicroSD, same as most camera memory cards but smaller. You can pick them up anywhere really. I usually get mine at Wal Mart.

My software runs okay for being on MY computer (needs upgraded badly). I have media manager and it works great I think.
    09-15-08 08:43 AM
    Go to profiles > advanced > highlight loud > menu button edit > select sms and change. Check out the how to section.

You need a micro sd card, get it any where. There is a 101 or a how to on the site for editing an mp3 down small enough to use as a ring tone.
    09-15-08 08:53 AM
    Hi Sea Monkey, welcome to Crackberry.

If you are going to start putting music, pics and vids on your BB a Micro SD card is a must. As Kellina has already stated they are widely available.

In relation to your question about the slow running of the Blackberry Software, I presume you mean Desktop Manager with Roxio Meida Manager. I dont use Roxi media manager and instead prefer the dragand drop approach via Windows. Simply connect your BB to the PC, if you have a SD in your BB this will now show up as a removable storage device under MY COMPUTER. You can now just drop files into your BB folders. Just ensure you have enabled Mass Storage mode from your BB. Options>Media Card>
    09-15-08 08:59 AM
    Hey- thanks for all the help. Much appreciated!
    09-15-08 09:08 AM
    when I hook to my computer I cant find it as a drive under my computer
    09-20-09 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD