Hello all,

I just got my first verizon blackberry curve 8330 in the mail a few days ago. I set up my BIS to work with my gmail account, and i first tried it without inputting the imap server info and then i inputted the imap server info. I am able to receive new messages, but any messages that have been in my gmail inbox for months do not get downloaded to my handheld. is this a problem regarding gmail's pop or imap? or my blackberry? Also, when i read or delete messages, (i select delete from both mailbox and device, AND i reconcile) it doesnt delete them from my gmail server, only from the BB. Can someone please help me

thanks
    05-21-08 11:59 PM
    As I understand things, it will deliver email which enters your GMail account real time. Delivery of old messaging may be possible but it depends on the POP or IMAP settings of your email provider. I know with inbox.com, they allow delivery of old messaging stored on their server but from what I gather, I cannot find settings for GMail, Yahoo or even my ISP provider which allows this.

Your only other option would be to manually forward it to your blackberry email if you wish to have a local copy on the device.

Good luck!
    05-22-08 11:53 AM
    Welcome 2 CB.com

When you setup your email accounts, only new messages get pushed to the device.

I'm not sure if you can get them to sync somehow, but on BES, through MS Exchange, I can sync my Outlook email to the device.
    05-22-08 07:27 PM
    Hello all,

I just got my first verizon blackberry curve 8330 in the mail a few days ago. I set up my BIS to work with my gmail account, and i first tried it without inputting the imap server info and then i inputted the imap server info. I am able to receive new messages, but any messages that have been in my gmail inbox for months do not get downloaded to my handheld. is this a problem regarding gmail's pop or imap? or my blackberry? Also, when i read or delete messages, (i select delete from both mailbox and device, AND i reconcile) it doesnt delete them from my gmail server, only from the BB. Can someone please help me

thanks
    The messages in you account will not be pushed to the BB. You will only receive new messages.
    05-23-08 01:49 PM
    Try installing the gmail app to your phone and them hit refresh, and all the mail in your Inbox will show up and be readily accessible on your phone. At least that is how it works on my 8310. Good luck and enjoy!!
    05-24-08 09:37 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    05-24-08 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD