Hi Guys, after many years of plugging away without a BB I finally bought a secondhand BB which is a marked as Cingular which I understand is a USA make but has found its way into the UK!

I have upgraded my UK 02 account to a BB account but have absolutely no idea how to set up email on it! The device is telling me in wizard set up I have 2 options, "I want to use a work email account with a Blackberry Enterprise Server" or "I want to skip email set up"

Now I don't have a work email account to set up and I don't want to skip email set up. I want to add my own private email set up....

How do I go about doing that?

Many thanks.....
    11-15-08 04:34 AM
    U need to have a data plan then it will give U the right option.
    11-15-08 05:36 AM
    Thanks man, as I say I have upgraded my O2 account to include a data plan but still no access!

Am I doing something wrong?
    11-15-08 05:41 AM
    Check on the applications screen and see if there is an E-MAIL SETUP icon. Also U DID log into your carriers BIS site and configure your e-mail account there right? Looks like U use O2? The BIS site for that is at BlackBerry Internet Service
    11-15-08 05:55 AM
    There is not email set up icon on the applications screen.... I tried logging on to teh 02 BIS screen, and I get this message -

This BlackBerry is registered with a different service provider. Please re-register this BlackBerry and verify the URL matches the one provided by your service provider.

I have mailed o2 and they told me I need to speak with their BB dept...

All very tiresome... I'm assuming the phone is an ex-company phone from the USA still locked into their IT department, right(?)...
    11-15-08 06:06 AM
    There is not email set up icon on the applications screen.... I tried logging on to teh 02 BIS screen, and I get this message -

This BlackBerry is registered with a different service provider. Please re-register this BlackBerry and verify the URL matches the one provided by your service provider.

I have mailed o2 and they told me I need to speak with their BB dept...

All very tiresome... I'm assuming the phone is an ex-company phone from the USA still locked into their IT department, right(?)...
    Do all the other functions of the phone work? It sounds like it is still on Cingular. Talk to O2's BB department and they should be able to sort it out for you with any luck.
    11-15-08 06:11 AM
    As far as I can tell everything else works. I will talk to to O2 on Monday, their BB dept isn't open on the weekend.

Thanks for your ear!
    11-15-08 06:17 AM
    Your welcome, please let us know how things go for you..
    11-15-08 06:22 AM
    Welcome to CB!

Enjoy the addiction
    11-15-08 07:09 AM
    Thanks, I think I have worked out the problem... I was sat here thinking O2 had activated the data program, and in fact they hadn't.. I've just had a message to say it's been activated and now I have options to add my own email address.

Now I feel better!
    11-15-08 10:14 AM
    Is the device unlocked? If its not then thats why it isn't working. You can order a unlock code off the internet and you'll be able to use the phone on your carrier.
    11-15-08 11:50 AM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    11-15-08 04:01 PM
    Welcome to CB - where you're surrounded by BB brilliance. ;-)
    11-15-08 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD