Hi, I have just purchased my first BB from Rogers. It is still locked, however I will be attempting to unlock it later this week, with the free unlock method I have found at this great forum. So I was setting up my blackberry, however I still cannot find out a way to make it so that JUST txt messages and stuff like that get sent to my Messages application, and all my emails get sent to the <email address here> application. whenever I receive an email, I get sent one in messages and one in the email application. Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks. Dan.
    09-08-08 11:27 AM
    Mine does that too, its standard. Never looked into getting it taken off. Welcome to CB!
    09-08-08 11:32 AM
    Boggys37 is correct in saying that is normal. You cannot separate the two. You are not actually seeing two of the same message, just two different ways of viewing them. I have hidden my "Messages" folder and thus only check the email folder and that eliminates any confusion.
    09-08-08 11:40 AM
    Boggys37 is correct in saying that is normal. You cannot separate the two. You are not actually seeing two of the same message, just two different ways of viewing them. I have hidden my "Messages" folder and thus only check the email folder and that eliminates any confusion.
    I like this idea. However, how will I then view my text messages?
    09-08-08 11:55 AM
    There should be an icon on your BB for SMS AND MMS. If not, see if that is hidden. If so, just highlight it and choose show from the menu if you want a seperate icon for SMS. Another way is to combine them. I have my convienence key set to "Messages" so when I click it, it shows both SMS and emails.
    Last edited by Patrickwc; 09-08-08 at 12:38 PM.
    09-08-08 12:10 PM
    go into your messages click the applications button and go to options in general options there is an option to combine or seperate sms and emails in boxes
    09-08-08 12:15 PM
    Thanks for all the help guys. Here is a few more questions. I installed the applications that came on the CD with my blackberry onto my computer, however whenever I open media manager 9 to try and put some music/ringtones (is this possible?) to my BB it just crashes. Also, I have my contacts backed up in Microsoft Outlook, is there anyway to send them over to the BB? Thanks for all the help. Dan.
    09-09-08 10:54 AM
    Thanks for all the help guys. Here is a few more questions. I installed the applications that came on the CD with my blackberry onto my computer, however whenever I open media manager 9 to try and put some music/ringtones (is this possible?) to my BB it just crashes. Also, I have my contacts backed up in Microsoft Outlook, is there anyway to send them over to the BB? Thanks for all the help. Dan.
    BUMP? Also, thanks to Crackberry for the awesome theme.
    09-10-08 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD