Hello all,

I am the noob of noobies when it comes to smartphones. (please be gentle with me )

I am having so much trouble understanding all these features I barely know where to begin. I have the blackberry pearl 8130 i have figured out (mostly) the difference with typing on a smart phone, but I still have a few questions.
    I also have a 2 gig card in it.

How can i transfer my contacts from my lg glimmer phone? I have paired and successfully connected to it but it did not add any of my contacts.
    the bb desktop manager totally confuses me the only thing i have managed to do with it is erase the little bit of info, pic and a few contacts.

also can I upload my own ringtones to my card/phone and have them work? The ringtones I like never seem to be in the ringtone libraries :-s what ext do these have to be under?

any other information or easy to understand directions would be appreciated ) I am lookin forward to finding how to use all of this technology in my pocket.

Thanks in advance,

Buckys_Girl
    12-08-08 02:33 PM
    Welcome to CB!!

Check out THIS thread.
    12-08-08 02:34 PM
    12-08-08 05:35 PM
    You can do alot with the media manager on the desktop. It takes a bit to get used to but it's not too bad. Enjoy the site.
    12-08-08 05:40 PM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    12-08-08 07:07 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! Here are some links to get you started

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-lecture-series

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by cain0013; 12-09-08 at 01:04 AM.
    12-09-08 12:57 AM
    welcome to crackberry!!
    12-09-08 12:57 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Happy BlackBerry'ing.
    12-09-08 01:12 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry

12-09-08 01:24 AM
    Being on my Berry right now makes it difficult to post some helpfull links. Try a bunch of different key word search sets and see what you come up with. Good luck and we'll be seeing you around.

Welcome to Crackberry!

Check out the powerfull search engine to dig through this bottomless pit of Crackberry knowledge for stuff already answered. Post on those existing threads or post a new one if need be. Many folks here happy to help. Some searching tips... Go To: Search Forums / Advanced Search / Key word search / search by title / "pick a key word" that comes to mind and you might stumble upon some answers and/or clues. Or search by Post content...

Good luck

12-09-08 01:43 AM
    Welcome to CB!!!!

12-09-08 07:45 AM
    Welcome aboard. Enjoy the ride.
    12-09-08 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD