just got my 8900! question: how do i customize and add different apps to my home screen?

also does bbm work w/o data plan?

so excited about my 8900! wooot!
    06-11-09 07:59 PM
    Go to your secondary screen (app screen) and rearrange your icons (use the move)... the top 6 will be your main 6 on the home screen.

BBM only works with a BB Data Plan.

Check out the Blackberry 101 lessons... under the "Blackberry Help" at the top of every page... I also added a link to my signature below.
    06-11-09 08:02 PM
    what if i'm on wifi? will bbm and other im prgrams ie msn aim work?
    06-11-09 08:11 PM
    No, all data you will need a BB data plan. Wifi will only work or browsing using the hotspot browser... That's all you can use with wifi... I'm pretty sure msn will not work as it requires a service book. Unless you get a 3rd party app like beejives IM to get msn which will work with wifi

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 08:40 PM

Yes, bbm, msn, fb etc. will work using wifi. Set your browser to "hotspot browser" and your browser identification to "BlackBerry." Then you are good to go.
    06-11-09 09:08 PM
    BBM requires a data plan, the data goes through Blackberry Servers (BIS or BES). WiFi does not remove this requirement.
    06-11-09 09:33 PM
    i also think it will require data, since i tried today without sim card and only wifi. didn't work for me.
    06-11-09 09:37 PM
    Yes, bbm, msn, fb etc. will work using wifi. Set your browser to "hotspot browser" and your browser identification to "BlackBerry." Then you are good to go.
    Ummmmm, no ...
    06-11-09 10:57 PM
    Ummmmm, no ...
    Sorry, it seems I misunderstood the OP. My data plan is currently disconnected and bbm still works over wifi. I guess you have to have a data plan and PIN set up in the first place.
    06-17-09 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD