Hello, my name is Katherine and I am a BB addict.

Wheh, feel better already. Just waiting for the darn 8300 to replace my old flip phone and big fat PDA from Dell....

Katherine
    05-24-07 01:07 AM
    Welcome to the family, Katherine! Do you have yours on the way, or are you playing the waiting game with the rest of us?
    05-24-07 01:22 AM
    ...and the group says... Welcome Katherine!
    05-24-07 02:32 AM
    Thank you! I am still waiting for the 8300 to come out! I am normally a pretty patient person but....

Katherine
    05-24-07 11:41 AM
    Same Here, Waiting for 8300 to launch in India, can't wait to put my hands on...
    05-25-07 06:32 AM
    The title of this thread is hilarious!
    05-25-07 07:05 AM
    Just wait until the OP get's the Blackberry and god forbid another outage happens.
    05-25-07 07:17 AM
    Don't say that! I certainly don't want another outage. Further more Jim Basillie said, it would never happen again...

Anyway, am sensitive, am still having nightmares about that...
    05-25-07 07:20 AM
    I still live it weekly when my BB acts up. My wife told me that next time it happens she's going to activate my (gulp) Treo 650 again. She even had my son sync it up with my work laptop Monday so all that needs to be done is changing the ESN on VZW's webpage and activating it again. These damn min-strokes are getting worse and more common and she has it in her head that because my blackberry is dieing a slow death that me worrying about it dieing for good is making them worse.
    05-25-07 07:34 AM
    Katherine, I know how you feel I have a flip phone and an axim x30 and also waiting for the curve. I have copied the desktop software to my system and downloaded appl and games just to past the time. So hang in there we will make it......I hope.
    05-27-07 10:31 PM
    I admire your stamina . I don't think I could hold out so long
    05-28-07 08:17 AM
    LOL. I KNOW it's not releasing this weekend but here I am again scanning the message boards for a hint or sign of it.

Is there a traffic update type of program for the BB? I have the new Vista installed on my desktop and have a snazzy little Gadget on the side that shows a map of the freeways near me and how fast they are moving. Comes in handy in San Diego!

Any add on like this for the BB?

Thanks. K
    05-28-07 11:55 AM
    Katherine, see how this looks to you.
    05-28-07 01:58 PM
    I woke up early this morning to grab mine at the local verizon wireless store. This is also my very first BB (I had an always crashing moto Q)! The phone thus far is sweet- e.g. web surfing @ blazing mobile speed- but nothing compared to the FIOS service here at home. Setting up the e-mail was easy- now I have to hunt down a quality msn live messenger software.

The only thing that I found frustrating was installing the software on Vista! The software would not install because of some issues with VB script. I had to run the cmd prompt and run "regsvr32 vbscript.dll" under "C:\Windows\System32" - what a pain in the gluteus maximus! One last thing- the backlit keyboard is SO DIFFICULT TO READ! Very annoying!

Pin: 3018B5B7
    05-29-07 12:57 AM
    SodyPopz, welcome to CrackBerry.com!
    05-29-07 04:35 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com, Sody! You might try JiveTalk for your MSN Messenger needs, also BlackBerry is working on a MSN app but it has not yet been officially released.
    05-29-07 11:41 AM
    Fold, thanks for the link to the Traffic software. I will post feedback once I get my darn BB. Did I mention that I am waiting for the 8300. Waaaaiiiting. Patiently.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH.

Katherine
    05-29-07 01:28 PM
    You don't look patient! It will be here soon, breathe easy.
    05-29-07 02:40 PM
    Did you guys read the BG website comment. Someone posted that their corporate rep told them the curve is going to launch this Thurs! Yipeeee! Also, 90 day exclusive ATT deal.

Blackberry Curve on AT&T's site…sorta : The Boy Genius Report

Kath
    05-29-07 05:23 PM
    Hi all, I'm another BB Newbie just waiting on a used 7130c to arrive in the next few days. Will I be able to utilize most of the functionality of my BB without having a BB connect plan. I have internet on my current phone, with full internet access. I'm a gadget junkie and got bored of WM5 devices quickly since my current SE flip has more functionality overall and I decided to get my hands on a blackberry which hopefully will keep my idle mind occupied for at least a week or so. LOL. Seriously though, any helpful pointers will be appreciated.

Peg
    06-01-07 07:25 AM
    Welcome! I commend you on your patience, I wish I had your will power
    06-01-07 07:50 AM
    Let me just say this, having a BlackBerry without a data package is like having a car without wheels - you can't go anywhere!

Now, a few service providers, I think AT&T and T-Mobile in particular have a new service that is like data, for BlackBerry, but allows text/mms and I think internet, for a small fee...

Hi all, I'm another BB Newbie just waiting on a used 7130c to arrive in the next few days. Will I be able to utilize most of the functionality of my BB without having a BB connect plan. I have internet on my current phone, with full internet access. I'm a gadget junkie and got bored of WM5 devices quickly since my current SE flip has more functionality overall and I decided to get my hands on a blackberry which hopefully will keep my idle mind occupied for at least a week or so. LOL. Seriously though, any helpful pointers will be appreciated.

Peg
    06-01-07 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD