Oh boy, I can tell this is going to be a bit of a challenge for me!
    I've spent over an hour w/this thing, and I'm not much further then I was an hour ago. Wish me luck!
    I'm going to start searching around here now for info on how to get my Storm to use MY email, and how to sync it w/my Outlook; contacts, calendars, tasks, etc...
    12-02-08 04:30 AM
    That's it, I'm going to bed! Just spent another hour, and I still don't have it syncing w/anything...
    Tomorrow again.
    BTW: I've NEVER had any problems w/ANY previous phone, or PDA, EVER
    Last edited by Demetris; 12-02-08 at 05:43 AM.
    12-02-08 05:40 AM
    Dude...I'm new too, but I don't think it works with Outlook.
    12-02-08 08:28 AM
    hi demetris, congrats on your storm and welcome to cb......keep learning, you will get it.
    12-02-08 08:31 AM
    I'm a newbie too and as good as these forums are ( I have learned A TON ) I found the STORM manual to be really really helpful. Just take one hour, sit down, and read through it... you can find out a lot about the phone. THEN come back here and find all the goodies!
    12-02-08 09:47 AM
    I agree with SarahBara!

Welcome to Crackberry!!!

12-02-08 10:53 AM
    welcome to cb...
    12-02-08 05:31 PM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    12-02-08 05:33 PM
    I am over 60 and not technically skilled and did it. I will admit that my Curve was given a lot of names. I suggest one step at a time and use the search tool on this site for help on each specific issue you encounter. Don't be afraid to ask ???? here
    Welcome to CB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 05:38 PM
    I agree with Sarahbara too. I know we men (especially men) don't like to read instructions, and I am one of those, but PLEASE READ, it will make your life a whole lot easier in this case. It did mine after I read the manual!
    12-05-08 06:25 PM
    Ahahahaah welcome Demetris !!!
    12-05-08 06:55 PM
    Ahahahaah welcome Demetris !!!
    Thank you!

Learning a lot since I got on this, and still learning!
    12-05-08 07:04 PM
    Welcome aboard!
    12-05-08 07:05 PM
    Oh boy, I can tell this is going to be a bit of a challenge for me!
    I've spent over an hour w/this thing, and I'm not much further then I was an hour ago. Wish me luck!
    I'm going to start searching around here now for info on how to get my Storm to use MY email, and how to sync it w/my Outlook; contacts, calendars, tasks, etc...
    See - this is exactly why I made it a point to marry tech support. I won't tell you all the things that I did my first day with it. Thank goodness my husband fixed it for me. LOL Now, just like the computer, I know just enough to be dangerous.

Does the Storm come with the email set up wizard?
    12-05-08 07:08 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    12-05-08 07:18 PM
    See - this is exactly why I made it a point to marry tech support. I won't tell you all the things that I did my first day with it. Thank goodness my husband fixed it for me. LOL Now, just like the computer, I know just enough to be dangerous.

Does the Storm come with the email set up wizard?
    Sad part is, I am tech support....
    But, I got it all under control, now I'm looking for much more advance things to do on it.

BTW: Why do I get all these welcome messages? I did not get any since I registered and sent my first 'cry', back in Nov. 22.

PS: Mail wizard? No and sort of. Don't know the detailed options of what you get w/the storm account per person. But I got the unlimited web access which comes w/blackberry web/mail services which allowes me to register up to 10 existing/new mail accounts, plus one by blackberry.com
    12-05-08 07:27 PM
    12-05-08 07:27 PM
    I thought we can use animated gifs for profile pix. I could not.
    Any thoughts?
    12-05-08 07:32 PM
    I thought we can use animated gifs for profile pix. I could not.
    Any thoughts?
    I've seen them... should be able to
    12-06-08 03:13 AM
    I've seen them... should be able to
    Done it. Found out the reason it did not work in the past, the file was too big.
    Done, take a look at the rotation of my tattoos as my avatar.
    Thanks for juggling my memory!
    12-06-08 06:40 AM
    Dude...I'm new too, but I don't think it works with Outlook.
    Works great! I know this msg. is old, but let me know if you are having challenges. In fact, I was able to xfer all my Outlook data, including the old cellphone's pix for each contact right across w/o any work in my part!
    12-13-08 06:04 AM
    Welcome to the CB addiction!!
    12-13-08 11:28 AM
    Welcome to CB.
    I had a real sharp learning curve with my Storm but through persistence and CB. I got all my questions answered.
    12-13-08 09:45 PM
    Welcome to Crack!
    12-14-08 03:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD