My first BB and I am very very pleased with my purchase. The Tour is an amazing device and fits my needs like a glove. Ive only had it for 5 or 6 hours but its incredible device. The keyboard is comfortable as ****. Sprint has incredibly fast speeds and so far all of there extra services are terrific.

Thank you to people here who have given me advice...
    11-30-09 09:52 PM
    Jump to 5.0.0.238

All the info you need to do it is in my sig!

Glad your happy with your purchase, now tweak it out and make it YOURS!
    11-30-09 09:56 PM
    Hybrid all the way!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 09:59 PM
    Hope you have as much luck w/ your Tour as I had with mine.
    11-30-09 10:04 PM
    I'd check out 5.0.0.230 and the hybrid from irtehun (I believe it's 7.11 or something like that). It makes everything run smoother and quicker, and looks great as well.

11-30-09 10:14 PM
    I'm glad you're happy with your Tour. I just went from a Tour (my first bb) to a Curve. Of course, with the Tour we were on the Verizon network and with my Curve I am now on Sprint. After using my sister's Curve for awhile, I didn't like the bulkiness of the Tour and I think the keyboard on the Curve is easier to use, although not as comfortable...lol. I was extremely pleased with my Tour the first month or so I had it. Then I started noticing things that I shrugged off in the beginning. It became more and more bothersome. For instance, doing a battery pull on the Tour takes on average about 10 minutes to reboot, with my Curve its 2 minutes max. Also, it lagged A LOT...I never upgraded the OS, so I'm sure that had a lot to do with it. I would say on average when someone was trying to call me the phone would ring about 50% of the time. Maybe something to do with Verizon...I don't know. I really liked the way everything looked on it...it was super duper pretty (but yet, so was Vista ha ha!) just not comfortable for me to use as an actual phone.
    11-30-09 10:22 PM
    Welcome to the club! Now go and grab 5.0 plus the bolt or Opera mini browser and you will have one lightning fast of a machine!

11-30-09 10:25 PM
    how is the tour bulky and the curve isn't? lol
    11-30-09 10:25 PM
    Enjoy the tour you are going to love it...now upgrade that bad boy to 5.0.0.230 and and then download and install the hybrid 7.11 from bbhybrids.net.. And download the bolt browser and you will truly love the device even more...

12-01-09 01:14 AM
    You're not the newest anymore! I just got my Tour this evening, upgraded from an 8830. I tried the Curve 8350 for a day, but ended up exchanging it for a Tour less than 24 hours later. I've been doing plenty of searching and reading here the past few days, so made sure I got a "green dot" box. No problems with the trackball (so far!), and everything seems to be working fine. It's a huge improvement over the 8830 - I'm still making my way through all the options and playing with things.

Glad to be here, and thanks to everybody for all the helpful posts and information...what a great resource!
    12-01-09 02:22 AM
    jump on the hybrid bandwagon. its worth it.
    12-01-09 07:21 AM
    Welcome! the TOur is awesome! and im gonna assume u are too by ur username, flyers fan im assuming!!!!! Hope u have as good of luck with the Tour as i do!!!! I have yet to upgrade, because im waiting for the official release from verizon, which might take forever, but i dont wanna void any warrentys.
    12-01-09 09:39 AM
    You will love the tour. We all do!
    12-01-09 09:46 AM
    For Eric02specV:

I've been a little tentative about upgrading to a hybrid OS, but I'm hoping it may solve little persistant problems with my phone like weatherbug premium not functioning, 'today' functionality not working right, and really poor battery life.

I'm worried that the theme I use and love...Classique....and my core apps I use: quicklaunch, berrybuzz, and google mobile app/maps won't function. Is this the case, or do these apps typically function in the current hybrid?
    Thanks!
    12-01-09 11:01 AM
    The apps your askin about does work on the hybrid 5.0 so don't worry

12-01-09 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD