So me and my girlfriend have just bought 2 blackberry pearls...and havent a clue to run these. Here are somethings we need help on please

For some reason the 1gb expansion card doesnt show up when you plug the phone into the computer and further more it wont let us format the card it says formatting failed

Cannot figure out how to change the text msg tone

How do you use the voice mail and call forwarding and also the answering service.

Were with rogers wireless if that helps any.

Thanks alot guys
    06-22-07 11:21 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com!

To have the card seen by the computer, you generally need to enable mass storage mode. As far as formatting, I have never had to do that. When I put my card in, it just worked. Are you trying to format through your BB or the PC?

Go into Profiles, and it will let you modify alert tones for Texts, emails, phone, etc.

Voicemail is usually pretty easy to setup, but I can't say for sure since I don't use Rogers. Maybe someone else can help with that.
    06-23-07 10:52 PM
    Okay got the ring tone thing thanks alot....as for the memory card we tried formatting it with the blackberry peral no luck...says error and wont...connect it to the computer and the computer doesnt see the card at all only the phone memory were trying to up load music and it says there is only 11mb of space...it has a micro sd kingston 1gb card in it and im pretty sure mass storage is on can you tell me how to find that to check.
    06-24-07 01:19 PM
    When I hook my pearl to the computer a window comes up on the pearl screen asking if you want to activate mass storage mode. Just answer yes or no.
    06-24-07 02:25 PM
    Look at Options > Media card, and see what the settings are. It might be under Options > Advanced Options > Media Card on the Pearl.
    06-24-07 03:54 PM
    if you turn it on for mass storage you will not see the card on the desk top manager

to see the card go to " my computer " it will be there as a amass storage device

if you say no to mass storage when you hook up your bb it willl show on 4.2.desk manager
    06-24-07 10:14 PM
    i love you man
    06-25-07 02:36 AM
    Thanks all it turns out the micro sd card was a dud right from the store so got another one and bam it works thanks again.
    06-26-07 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD