I've been an Iphone user for over a year and other than frustrations with the keyboard and the battery life it has worked very well for me, especially since I use a MAC.

But I was ready to try something new and have been reading posts on CrackBerry for months now and wanted to give the Bold a try. I think it is a very handsome phone, the screen quality is wonderful, the audio and video quality are fantastic, but I truly miss the Iphone's internet experience. I am adjusting to the trackball and learning shortcut keys but I still miss the larger screen. So it is either back to an Iphone, which I really don't want to do, OR return the Bold and wait for the Storm, then jump the ATT ship to get it.

I found Missing Sync to work quite well. Had major issues transferring purchased Itune songs to the Bold but figured out the whole DRM thing (naughty Apple), downloaded a trial program to convert those songs, and now have them on the Bold.

Just my thoughts from a Newbie perspective.
    11-08-08 12:24 PM
    If you are willing to jump the ship, I would give the storm a try. It is suppose to be a great phone, and I think it is definitely going to be worth switching to Verizon for anyone willing to do so.
    11-08-08 12:32 PM
    Yeah like hearmeoutx said if your willing to jump ship go for the storm, but I would give the bold a little more time i think you might come to love it. I love mine lol
    11-08-08 12:59 PM
    When you've used a touch screen as long as I have, it is a really big change to go to the Bold. And don't get me wrong, I think it is a beautiful phone and I am enjoying learning the ins and outs of a Blackberry. But it all boils down to what folks use their phones for and I do like to use the internet when I'm not at home. I really miss the bigger screen on the Iphone and I must admit I like the touch interface. I am going to play with the Bold a bit longer and then may return it and reuse my Iphone until the Storm comes out. I don't want to keep using it if I don't intend to keep it.
    11-08-08 01:32 PM
    Also, I have tried to search these forums and haven't found the answer I am looking for: how does one reset the BB to it's original configuration? I can figure out how to delete what I've installed, but I moved icons and folders around a lot and would not remember how to reset them as they were.

Thanks
    11-08-08 01:35 PM
    I don't think you can auto-reorder them, without actually wiping the handheld.
    11-08-08 03:34 PM
    Hello Everyone,
    My question is iphone or bb storm. my contract is about up & i'm considering changing carriers to get an iphone but is it worth it since the BB storm is coming out. I've read reviews on both BBstorm at CrackBerry.com and Iphone at Ilounge.com. Feed back please........
    11-08-08 04:00 PM
    I can't answer about the Storm but I can relay info on the Iphone 2G only. I use a MAC so the use and transfer of files to the phone was very simple. The touch screen is very nice to use. The internet browser is great. And you can actually import your browser bookmarks to the Iphone at least for the Safari browser, not sure about IE. I am 'playing' with the Bold right now and there is no comparison in audio quality. The Bold's is fantastic so I would presume the Storm would also be super. The screen quality and richness of colors is also fantastic. You can be outside in full sun and still see the screen whereas the Iphone's will show glare.
    The program interface on the Iphone is easy as far as I was concerned. I found it a bit more challenging to work with the Bold but am getting the hang of it and am enjoying that aspect. But I really miss the bigger screen so I am seriously considering taking back the Bold and waiting for the Storm.

The Iphone has a lousy camera, no video camera, no MMS texting, no copy, cut, paste, no removable battery, no SD card slot for expansion.
    Hope this helps.
    11-08-08 04:34 PM
    Go for the storm.

You will be addicted.
    11-08-08 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD