Hey guys!

I got my very first blackberry about two weeks ago and I am in love!!!! I'm rocking the curve 8330. I am not only complete addicted to my bb, but also crackberry.com!!! I have learned so much from you guys already!!! I cannot put my crackberry down, and when I'm at home I am constantly on crackberry. My girlfriend keeps saying she hopes this is a phase-LOL!

So basically I am looking for advice from you guys. I've seen mention of opera mini in many threads and some ppl says it's a must while others say they don't need it. If anyone has a chance and wouldn't mind I would like to hear whether or not you use and why you recommend or do not recommend it.

Thanks Guys!
    08-10-08 11:37 AM
    I am on a 8330 also. I have opera mini and use it from time to time, but I do the majority of my browsing on the regular bbbrowser. Its what comes up when I click a link and works well for most sites. If I do have a problem I'll use OM.

One reason I prefer bbbrowser is because I can copy the link to paste in an email or any other reason you may want to copy a link.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-08 11:43 AM
    Opera doesn't allow copy and pasting links? I send myself ringtones from myxer and they come as a link and it seems as if my curve really just doesn't want to directly follow the link so I always have to cut and paste them into my browser......that's a must.

I suppose that's one point for the regular browser, 0 points for opera.

Thanks for your input
    08-10-08 11:47 AM
    Congrats on your new device.

I used OM on my Curve, but a lot of users that say the BB browser is good now have upgrade to the 4.5 OS.

For me, a lot of banking sites weren't accessible through the BB browser.

I find OM to be a bit faster in loading pages and on EDGE, it means a lot to us AT&T users.
    08-10-08 01:18 PM
    Thank you for your advice

My credit union's website is annoying to navigate when trying to get to my accounts.

If I went with OM does that take up a lot of memory? Right now the only applications I have are Viigo and a Cubs app so I am not currently bogged down with apps yet.....
    08-10-08 01:29 PM
    I use Opera Mini sometimes, but use the main browser most of the time. Try it to see if you like it.
    08-10-08 01:33 PM
    I just downloaded OM and can already see a huge difference! I went to ESPN and it loaded much much faster than the regular browser does!
    08-10-08 01:47 PM
    I use OM & the built in browser. They both have advantages pro & con. Doesnt hurt to have both. You dont have to settle for just one- & its free!
    08-10-08 01:50 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

Congrats on your Berry and glad you are learning a lot from CrackBerry
    08-10-08 03:49 PM
    I have both and they both have advantages. For browsing a site with a mobile version, the BB browser is better, in my opinion. If you need to go to a regular website, I think you'll find OMini very helpful - especially if you're familiar with the page and know where to go when your view is magnified. I use Mini to go to my health insurer's site. Kaiser Permanente is a little behind, , and they don't have a mobile site for Colorado. I use OMini to get around their site to email my doctor, schedule appointments and refill scripts. Very easy to enter passwords and secure areas, etc.

08-10-08 04:22 PM
    I use BB built in browser, has everything I need.

08-10-08 06:30 PM
    imo the browser on os 4.5 does everything i need
    08-10-08 06:39 PM
    I use Opera Mini sometimes, but use the main browser most of the time. Try it to see if you like it.
    Im starting to like opera browser more and more, both on my computer at home and on the curve
    08-10-08 07:04 PM
    Welcome to CB!!! It is NOT a phase =]
    08-11-08 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD