Hello everyone, newbie here. I have been wanting to purchase the Verizon Storm, but afraid to due to all the hardware problems I've read on here. I currently have a Razr and have never owned a Blackberry. I know all the software problems will be fixed through updates, but what about the hardware? I hear the Storm has screen clicking problems, gaps around the screen where dust gets in, buttons falling off, different shades of screen colors depending where it was manufactured? From an experienced Crackberry community, will Rim fix all these hardware problems as they continue to manufacture the Storm? Maybe they are rushing to come out with a second version of the Storm with all the hardware problems fixed? I would think if they hurried and came out with a second version and/or better manufactured Storm they would just replace the older Storms with the new and improved ones? Would love to get one, but right now way too many problems for something that is new and just recently built. I would think buying a new product like this, the customer deserves a well built quality product. Thanks in advance and excited to be a new member of Crackberry.
    John
    12-28-08 07:39 PM
    Just got my Storm the day after Christmas. VZ had it in stock. Mine has the updated software on it and it is great. I really like this phone and intend on keeping it. More software updates on the way. If you can get it for the discounted price go for it.
    12-28-08 07:47 PM
    why don't you start off with the curve then upgrade to the storm later
    12-28-08 10:17 PM
    I know there are better builds in which the screen is highly improved. If you want to be sure, just wait a little bit longer until all the heat dies down. Or you can go into a store and try one out.
    12-29-08 01:13 AM
    Welcome to CB...Enjoy your stay. As for your storm, I just recently upgraded to my first blackberry, it is a curve 8330 and I am loving it. I also sugest you go with a phone that has been around for a while rather than getting the newest top of the line first...Thats just my humble opinion...
    12-29-08 06:50 AM
    i agree with getting a phone that has been around a bit as the OS will be more stable, more apps compatible and overall less of a hassle. It will also be less expensive!

You can always get the storm in a year or two when it's been improved.

i'm thrilled with my Curve!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 06:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD