hello fellow crackberry peeps. im jake, aka magicman1692000. new to the site and prob gonna ask some simple ?'s now and then so i appologise in advance. thanks also in advance for your help with my bb ?'s.

so i just got on with sprint and got an 8330. it was super responsive for the first few days, but lately it has been runnin a little slow. any ways to speed it up? thanks
    jake
    11-12-08 12:30 AM
    Do you have the facebook app installed ? If so try to delete it and see if it speeds up. It has been causing a lot of issues. The only other thing would be a memory issue but the 8330 has plenty of on board memory

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 12:35 AM
    Welcome aboard!

11-12-08 12:38 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!

11-12-08 01:23 AM
    If you've left some apps running in the background, ie: didn't close them all the way, you can select ALT - Escape (Key to right of trackball), this will thow if any third party apps are running. BB Messenger, BB Browser and a few others are always there, though the others you can select... choose menu... and select close.

Welcome to CB!

Take advantage of the very helpful BB 101. BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com . Also the powerfull search engine to dig through this bottomless pit of Cracberry knowledge for stuff already answered. Post on those existing threads or post a new one if need be. Many folks here happy to help.

No worries Intervention is not in our vocabulary here, enjoy your addiction to the fullest.
    11-12-08 02:58 AM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    11-12-08 06:07 AM
    Welcome to CB!

Enjoy the addiction

(there's a memory op guide in my sig. Check it out!)
    11-12-08 06:49 AM
    Yep, apps running the background can be a real problem. Be sure to close them appropriately. And every once in a while, do a battery pull. BTW, welcome to CB!
    11-12-08 02:05 PM
    wow never realized that the apps were still running in the background even though i got out of them....still a little bb naive i guess

this is such a helpful and informative site!
    11-12-08 03:31 PM
    What is a battery pull?
    11-12-08 11:11 PM
    If you've left some apps running in the background, ie: didn't close them all the way, you can select ALT - Escape (Key to right of trackball), this will thow if any third party apps are running. BB Messenger, BB Browser and a few others are always there, though the others you can select... choose menu... and select close.

Wow, I never knew that. I have been having major issues the last few days with my battery going down incredibly fast. I'm sure this was part of the problem.
    Thank you PvT
    11-12-08 11:36 PM
    well thank you all for the welcome and thanks for the advice. sure enough it was the apps runnin in the back ground. sped it way up! thanks gang.
    11-13-08 01:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD