I am 2 days new with BB Curve (Verizon) so these may be idiotic questions.

I made the switch from Palm Treo. I am use to getting into my contacts, calendar, memo, to do list via Palm's Desktop Application and making many of my changes on the desktop. Can this be done via the BB Desktop Manager or does one have to use another program, such as Outlook? ...and if one doesn't use a program such as Outlook, do you have to input everything via the handheld (the Curve) itself? The BB Desktop Manager seems like it is just a conduit of some sort.

Are most people using Outlook for contact, calendar, to-do's management? I'm kinda missing my Palm Desktop.

Are there any 3rd party Calendar apps out there where one can place icons on your calendars...this makes it easy for quick glances to your calendar to see if there is a birthday, payday, mtg, etc. Again, I had a Palm program that allowed this.

Thanks...there may be more questions as the week goes on...
    09-15-08 08:37 PM
    Hey welcome to CB! Glad to see you made thw switch. You can use the Free App supplied in you box or download it online at blackberry.com or from VZW's website. (Blackberry desktop manager)

Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-08 08:42 PM
    Congrats on your switching to bb! Welcome to the site & enjoy your new addiction!
    09-15-08 08:45 PM
    I also switched from a Treo. I like my BB much better. I use Outlook for everything. It's much easier and user friendly when you want to make changes.
    09-15-08 08:51 PM
    Perhaps I did not make myself clear. I did install BB Desktop Manager. My question is, can one view/manage contacts, calendar, memo's, todo's on the desktop without the use of Outlook?...Quite honestly I have not been using Outlook until now, since I had to use Outlook to transfer contacts to my new Curve. Palm's desktop app acted somewhat like Outlook, in that I could add events, contacts to it via the desktop, then synch with my Treo.
    09-15-08 08:53 PM
    I do not believe there's a Palm desktop equivalent. I, too, come from Treo and I miss that since I don't like outlook.
    09-15-08 09:57 PM
    oops! and also:

I know Agendus can do that. But, it's in beta and I've read in these forums that some people have had problems with the program.
    09-15-08 09:59 PM
    Welcome To Crackberry.
    09-15-08 11:27 PM
    Thanks Alkans. I suppose I will have to start becoming proficient with Outlook...

Another question for you. What did you use to transfer your calendar, memo, toDo lists over to your Curve? I have managed to transfer my contacts over via Outlook (with much trouble and snags along the way), but the calendar, memos, toDo lists seem to be a bit different. I have purchased the program Pocketcopy, but it failed to copy the above to Outlook. I have sent an email asking for their assistance.
    09-15-08 11:47 PM
    I'm new to the CB as well. I converted from a Treo and Verizon told me only the contacts would convert. Maybe someone else knows a trick that Verizon isn't telling me.
    09-16-08 12:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD