I just got a Blackberry Curve 8330 for Verizon and I have some questions / observations.

I used PocketMac to sync my contacts and calendars. It did not transfer over the groups I had my contacts organized into. It just lumped them all into one group. Is that normal? Would Missing Sync handle that any differently? The same goes for my calendars, which is not as much of a big deal. I'll probably use the calendar on my Touch.

When I pair with the Mini's Bluetooth, the only option available to me on the handset is to make outgoing calls. I can understand this for safety reasons, but the problem is that even after the car is turned off and they are no longer paired I am still unable to do anything on the handset except make an outgoing call. I need to power it off and on again before I can use it again. Has anyone else experienced this? It's incredibly inconvenient because I am in and out of my car all day.

Usually holding down the mute button will turn off the screen, but occasionally it does absolutely nothing.

I'm sure I'll have other issues / questions, but these are the big ones for now. Any assistance would be appreciate
    Last edited by pjo1966; 06-28-09 at 10:33 AM.
    06-28-09 10:23 AM
    I used PocketMac to sync my contacts and calendars. It did not transfer over the groups I had my contacts organized into. It just lumped them all into one group. Is that normal? Would Missing Sync handle that any differently? The same goes for my calendars, which is not as much of a big deal. I'll probably use the calendar on my Touch.

Well, unfortunately when you go cross-platform with contacts, it usually lumps them all into one contact, leaving you to re-sort them as you want them to be. I work for a cell carrier and when we swap phone books for folks that's how it happens. I haven't seen a workaround for it yet, but maybe one of our wise crackberry experts may know one!!! Good luck.
    06-28-09 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD