Hey everyone, Just got my first BlackBerry a few days ago, Curve 8330.

Am currently in college for my Associates in Computer Networking and Security.

Surely this phone will help me a lot once I get my administrative job.

One thing I discovered after syncing my Hotmail account, is that whenever i look at old messages, it sends a notification to my blackberry.

Example, This morning i went through about 100 emails of spam(months old) to unsubscribe, to try and clean it out. Every one of those emails alerted my blackberry.

How do you turn this off?

Thanks in advance!
    11-22-08 02:22 AM
    Sound like you need to reconcile your emails. I personally don't like hot mail. Also you may want to try having service books resent for your email accounts. run the email setup link on your phone's homescreen and sign into your bis and then resend service books from there. good luck.
    11-22-08 03:42 AM
    That did it, Thanks alot.

Another quick question, is it possible to get rid of the "Main Menu" icon from the home screen, considering theres a hard button for it?
    11-22-08 06:57 AM
    Welcome to CB!

I also have the 8330, and my main menu has an "applications" option, which takes you to the same place as the menu button. I've looked, but so far can see how to swicth it out. Perhaps one of our other addicts can provide us some guidance.

Enjoy the addiciton
    11-22-08 07:02 AM
    Anyone? >10 characters<
    11-22-08 10:25 AM
    I know of no way to switch this out. Sorry!
    11-23-08 10:49 AM
    I hope this is the same on your Curve as is with my phone.

On that screen with all your icons visible... the top row are the ones on your home screen in a standard configuration. So, select an icon, hit the menu button (left of the trackball) you'll see "Move" click that and then your icon get's a different looking frame, move the icon to the new place ie: top row and click icon to let it go. So if your menu icon is on that top row you can move it down the group and it won't appear on your home screen.

You can move icons in and out of folders. You can hide icons. Or like me I created a Folder called "used less" moved a bunch of crap in there. and I Created a Folder called MAPS + GPS and I moved all my GPS, Maps & Navigation stuff in there.

If that wasn't the fix for your curve, ... look for a theme that doesn't have that menu icon.

Hope that's what you are after and is the fix...
    11-23-08 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD