Hi. I'm new to the Blackberry and getting used to not having a flip phone anymore. I purchased the Storm and like it overall, but not sure if it's the phone for me. Thinking of taking it back and getting a Curve. Any opinions on the 2 types of phones that may help me make a decision?
    I'm having issues w/ the touch screen typing, the screen changing orientations when I don't want it to, the phone "resetting" and locking up, but love the camera and not too thrilled about having to use a track ball.
    12-02-08 01:10 AM
    Well if you aren't happy with the storm then I say return it and get the curve. the curve is a great device. Im guessing since you have VZW you can't get a Bold so the curve would be your best bet. good luck and welcome to CB!
    12-02-08 03:57 AM
    Sorry, I've never tried the Storm (not available on Sprint), but I do love my Curve. The only way to know for sure if the Curve is better for you is to try it out yourself at the store. You mentioned not being thrilled about using a trackball but the Curve has a trackball, too. I actually like the trackball; I find it much easier to use than the nav pads on most smartphones. But that's just another reason to do a hands-on test yourself to see how a different phone works out for you.

Good luck! And let us know what you decide!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 08:14 AM
    Haven't tried the storm but I can say that I've never had any issues with my curve.
    12-02-08 08:17 AM
    I upgraded to the curve 8330 from the pearl 8130. I love my curve and its full keyboard. I think the curve would be a great choice. But like the person above stated a hands on test would be the best way to decide for yourself. Good luck!!!!!!!

12-02-08 08:18 AM
    I have a curve and really enjoy it. After having a razr for so long, I really enjoy the trackball and qwerty keyboard. I tinkered with a friends iPhone and really disliked the touch screen keyboard that I think the storm has.
    Goodluck and welsome to CB

12-02-08 08:37 AM
    Yes, I agree with the others above. U have to get some hands on in order to decide. I thought I wanted a Storm until I actually went and tested one out in the store. I wasn't too thrilled with the actual device as I was with the idea of it. I found that I was more in love with my curve than I thought. I love the customization of the Curve and the full keyboard. The trackball is not as bad as you may think. It's pretty easy to control and it makes the flow of the device better... but hey, that's just my opinion! Hope ur able to find ur match!
    12-02-08 08:37 AM
    Thank you all. This has been very helpful.
    12-02-08 08:39 AM
    I like my Curve also but am more of a business user than anything else. Welcome to Crackberry by the way.
    Last edited by teal; 12-02-08 at 09:30 AM.
    12-02-08 09:02 AM
    12-08-08 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD