I just got my new BlackBerry Pearl 8130 (Verizon) on July 5th. I am so happy that I purchased this beauty, it's the best decision I have made in a really long time. I have been messing around on CB and the forums have been a great help. Thank you all for making my transition from my bunk LG Chocolate so easy!
    I am pretty technically inclined so I have caught on rather quickly, so far I have:
    Downloaded a ton of ringtones, wallpapers (not really into themes right now but that new OSX one is fantastic).
    Installed Google Maps, CrackBerry launcher, and the Flickr upload tool (my user name is the same as my CB login name, I read in a thread that we can't post links until we have established a 'rep')
    I also downloaded a bunch more apps but I didn't really need them, I need the file space more.
    I'm getting really used to typing texts and I wonder if I'll ever be able to type on it without looking..
    Well, I just wanted to say "Hi" so.. Hi!

Oh, and I want to post my PIN here but I'm a bit hesitant. Anyone have any bad stories about sharing your PIN? Or has it been a pleasant experience?
    07-15-08 12:19 AM
    from one newbie to another, hi! i too found this site to be helpful, but haven't yet downloaded any applications. i guess i should get cranking on that, eh?

as for the pin, it's totally up to you. haven't posted mine yet, still thinking. whatever makes you comfortable, go with that!
    07-15-08 12:45 AM
    I only heard one bad pin story - it was a couple kids harassing a girl their age. Mod made them apologize. That was some stream of consciousness post, lol. Watch your available memory and keep it over 12 mb. Good to see you reading all the posts. If you go to wap.crackberry.com [no www.] you can download a link and icon to this site so you can visit with your BB.
    Oh, welcome!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by exelant; 07-15-08 at 01:00 AM.
    07-15-08 12:54 AM
    Well hello! You should definitely get Google Maps, its a lot of fun. I love that I can see an aerial view of my house. And I like to search around and find my friends houses it makes for pointless fun, but fun nonetheless!

07-15-08 12:54 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    07-15-08 12:55 AM
    Welcome to CB! Both of ya. ..and since you asked about PIN sharing, might wanna check out this thread --> What is your craziest story about someone u met on BB messenger.

I, on the other hand, like to live dangerously (hence the PIN above ^^). lol
    Last edited by Edd; 07-15-08 at 12:58 AM.
    07-15-08 12:55 AM
    Awesome! Now I'll never get to sleep! I'm definitely reading that tonight.

07-15-08 12:58 AM
    Welcome, PIN is a great way on a BB to communicate. I've only heard of a few nuts in regards to using the PIN. So PIN away!

07-15-08 12:59 AM
    Thanks for the tips. Right now as I am posting I'm figuring out some stuff too. My pearl keeps surprising me!

07-15-08 01:04 AM
    Hi! Welcome to both of you. Most of the people here are wonderful. However, with 200,000+ members, you might want to be careful if you post your pin.

07-15-08 01:07 AM
    I don't know, I've had my PIN on my profile and even when I tell people to PIN me they don't. I wouldn't worry too much about it. You can always delete the person if they start upsetting you. Your call.

07-15-08 01:10 AM
    I agree with Cain. People can send you a pm and ask for it. You can then decide on it case by case.

Did I mention you can check your memory at Options-status.

07-15-08 01:13 AM
    Hello, I made the exact same transition from a chocolate to a pearl and I absolutely love it! Welcome to CB
    07-15-08 01:18 AM
    I will probably end up just giving mine out to people I start getting comfortable with here on the forums. Oh, and I have been checking my status everyday. I work for AT&T and it scares me when people call in and start screaming that their BB is deleting their texts. I actually helped two people today with it thanks to a thread I read here. I could have just transferred them to tech but I knew what to do!

07-15-08 01:19 AM
    Huge improvement, huh!? BB is fantastic.

07-15-08 01:21 AM
    Welcome to CB! Glad you're enjoying your phone. You're prolly the quickest newbie I've seen in a while here....in terms of loading your BB with stuff I mean.

07-15-08 01:23 AM
    I agree with Cain. People can send you a pm and ask for it. You can then decide on it case by case.

Did I mention you can check your memory at Options-status.

That's what I do. I posted my pin when I first joined. I met some great people. But, I got some perv's too. Lol. It's completely your decision.

07-15-08 01:37 AM
    Hi and welcome to crackberry! I posted my PIN and haven't had any problems in fact I've chatted with some really cool people through BB messanger! Enjoy!

07-15-08 01:54 AM
    I don't think guys have much to worry about, lol.

07-15-08 01:56 AM
    I don't think guys have much to worry about, lol.

I didn't want to say it. Lol. But, once again, I agree 100 percent.

07-15-08 02:00 AM
    Welcome I think you will be a great addition to the CB team!!! It's awesome to have someone that works for a carrier so that some questions can get answered easily
    07-15-08 02:59 AM
    Welcome to CB continue to enjoy.
    07-15-08 03:09 AM
    Welcome I just found another great app. Windows Live Search

Aloha!
    07-15-08 03:13 AM
    I have an LG chocolate too. That phone is so crappy I've been through 3. Now that I have my berry I don't even care when my chocolate doesn't work.
    Welcome to CB!!!
    07-15-08 03:18 AM
    I have an LG chocolate too. That phone is so crappy I've been through 3. Now that I have my berry I don't even care when my chocolate doesn't work.
    Welcome to CB!!!
    you should use your chocolate lg as a back up phone in case anything happens to your berry.
    07-15-08 03:56 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD