Sorry if this has been answered somewhere but I can't find what I'm looking for. I used a program called "KidDoser" on my palm for years. Today's my first day with a blackberry and I miss that program. It's basically just a dosing calculator for pediatrics - put in the child's weight and the strength of the medication and it spits out the dose to give. I can't find anything like this as a stand-alone program. I think something like it is in PEPID but it would be pretty stupid to spend a couple hundred bucks for a really simple calculator. Has anyone seen what I'm looking for out there?
    10-22-08 06:39 PM
    I use Epocrates. Don't really deal with pedi's but it has pedi dosing for each med, no calculator. It has free apps for the BB and the new update stores most of the info on the media card. It has multiple calculators, including one for pedi fluids. And for free it is a great app.

It is mainly a drug guide including a pill lookup. You can even look up a price guide and major insurance copays for the meds. Check it out PDA Medical Software. Medical & drug software for Palm & Windows PDAs
    10-22-08 06:47 PM
    Thanks, I actually have epocrates too. With my old epocrates on the palm the dosing calculator was actually embedded in the peds dosing section but not with the free version I've got on the blackberry. Maybe I've just gotten lazy over the years and will have to revert to using a plain old calculator from time to time.
    10-22-08 06:50 PM
    Have you downloaded the newest update (last week or so)?
    10-22-08 06:54 PM
    Yeah, I actually just downloaded it today.
    10-22-08 06:57 PM
    There are several programs you can buy but epocrates is a great program.
    10-22-08 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD