Greetings all and my best to you. As you might have guessed I am a new to this BB forum but I do have a question that I would like to get help with. That being I work for a state agency and want to check my email on my BB. From what I understand since they have an intranet BES would be the way to go. But...I want to access my normal email accounts from the Internet as well. So can I utilize both or do I have to stick with one or the other? Any help would be of great assistance from some of those who know. Thank you kindly in advance.
    07-17-08 10:44 AM
    You need approval from your IT guys to access their system. You would also need the BES plan. They need to set you up after your phone has the correct data plan. With the BES plan you can also add up to 10 personal email accounts to be sent to your BB. Hope this helps.
    07-17-08 11:22 AM
    I appreciate the information mding4gold and I will have to ask around to find out the specifics at work. Really all I want to do is make sure that I can receive new notifications of emails from my companys email. I think I can just do this through the BIS part and type in my entry point in the browser. I don't want to use (or maybe I will) the intranet portion due to alot of the restrictions we have while surfing the web. But I will take you info and put it to good us and I thank you very much for the feedback...it helps quite a bit.
    07-17-08 11:54 AM
    Keep in mind that if you do go the BES route, your IT guys may push certain policies to Blackberry devices that may limit some of your capabilities.
    07-17-08 11:59 AM
    Also keep in mind that if you use BES they can see all your email and messages if they want. So if you want to keep them from prying in your stuff don't do BES.
    07-17-08 03:18 PM
    Also keep in mind that if you use BES they can see all your email and messages if they want. So if you want to keep them from prying in your stuff don't do BES.
    I agree and welcome to CB.
    07-17-08 03:43 PM
    All posts above are correct. Welcome to CB.
    07-17-08 04:56 PM
    Hi and welcome.
    07-17-08 05:16 PM
    Similar situation... I have a personal BB, but I wanted to get notification of company e-mails (but not necessarily reply to them).

I just forwarded all incoming emails in my company's Outlook to my gmail account. They show up almost instantly on my BB.
    07-17-08 05:23 PM
    Welcome newbie....
    07-25-08 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD