Sorry - probably have heard this question a million times, but I can't log into my internet account. I'm sent in an endless circle from the BB Alltel Internet site. I have a brand spankin' new Curve from Alltel.

I would like to change my email signature, which email setup tells me can not be done from the phone.

So I go to the BB Alltel Internet sign in page and try to create a new account. When I type in the PIN and ESN, it tells me there is an account for this phone already. I don't remember setting up this account, so I click the 'Forgot Password' link to send the info to my BB.

I get an email that says that no username or password exist and to use my device to access Blackberry Internet Service. So I use my BB and open the BB home page and type the question and they tell me to see the Blackberry Internet Online Help.... Here's one of their options:

Using BlackBerry Internet Service

1. Log in to the BlackBerry Internet Service web site.
    2. Click the Edit beside the email account you wish to add a signature to.
    3. In the Signature section, type your signature information.
    4. Click Save.
    5. Click OK.

But I can't log in! Feeling stupid here... Any help would be appreciated!
    09-30-08 07:01 AM
    Hi

Try this. Click on your email settings icon (not the set up wizard). This takes you to the on device email set up, have a look around for the option to create a username and passowrd. These can then be used on Alltel's website.

Let us know if this works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-08 07:32 AM
    You probably used the setup wizard on the phone to create the account. I'd ring your service provider and ask them to sertup a username and password for you.
    09-30-08 07:36 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!
    Here's hoping you get everything worked out. & Please, dont feel dumb. Sone of the nost obvious things didnt start off obvious for many of us.
    09-30-08 07:43 AM
    Hi

Try this. Click on your email settings icon (not the set up wizard). This takes you to the on device email set up, have a look around for the option to create a username and passowrd. These can then be used on Alltel's website.

Let us know if this works.

Tried looking for this option under Messages -> General Options and Email Settings, nothing there.

Tried the Email Setup icon, nothing there.

Tried the Setup Wizard -> Email Setup link and this time there was an option to Create Username (Yay!)

I swear that wasn't there before (yes, I did have my reading glasses on!). Added my username and password.

Anyway, I did log in to Blackberry Alltel and I'm all set!

Thanks to everybody for the help and moral support!
    09-30-08 08:27 AM
    Excellent!!

Welcome to CB

09-30-08 08:34 AM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    09-30-08 05:03 PM
    cool - glad it worked out well. you mentioned you were "setting up your signature" -- I don't know exactly what you want to do, however, there are some things that i think may be interesting / helpful for you to know. search the forums for "remove sent from my blackberry" thread. it's nice to have that removed - at least for business correspondence. then do a thread search for "auto text signatures" -- you can use the auto text function to have several different sig's set up and ready to go.

oh... and.... welcome!!
    09-30-08 05:33 PM
    Another "Ah ha" moment.

Welcome to your new world
    09-30-08 05:54 PM
    This forum is awesome...

I can't stop reading! The top of my is going to explode if I don't put it down and step away soon!
    09-30-08 07:03 PM
    This forum is awesome...

I can't stop reading! The top of my is going to explode if I don't put it down and step away soon!
    it's just getting started, wait til you're posting at 4:00 AM and haven't got up to pee in like 6 hours -- then you're crack-a -lackin'
    09-30-08 07:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD