Hello Everyone..

New to the site, and pretty new to the whole blackberry thing also. I have a curve(at&t), that I'm about to be using for work. Right now, it just has my personal email accounts set up on it. I have a few questions for you experts.

First of all, since I don't have my work email set up on it yet(we're switching from Lotus to Outlook), I haven't installed the disk that came with the phone. I started to, but it wanted me to do some stuff with corporate email, and I figured I'd wait since Outlook hasn't arrived on our computers yet.

I did download the desktop software today so I can charge my blackberry via the USB port on my laptop.

Question is....should I go ahead and install the disk? Can I go back later and update it when I get my corporate email coming in through the blackberry?

Second question.....I noticed all the cool dowloads (wallpapers, software etc) on this site. I'm assuming that I need the startup disk mentioned above installed before I can download/use any of these?

Thanks for you help and sorry for the long first post.
    11-28-07 04:11 PM
    Pretty sure you can install Desktop Manager and not have to worry about it. If you need to change it later its not too difficult. To get the wallpapers/ringtones onto your device you should have it installed anyway, its a lot easier than emailing everything to yourself.
    11-28-07 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD