WOW!!!! That is all I can say. I just got my new blackberry curve 8330 on Monday and I never knew one device could have so many options and things to do. I am coming from a lame razor phone and I dont think I knew what I was getting myself into! I have finally figure out how to download a ringtone with the help of this website but I am still having issues with the lame Roxio/desktop manager thing. Really I just want to transfer some of the pics we have on our comp and put them on my bb. Is there any easier way than using that program? Thanks
    Also is there anyway to make the screen turn on when I get a text message or email, kinda like when you get a phone call the entire phone turns on?
    Thanks
    09-03-08 06:40 PM
    Just go into the media card options and change the auto enable mass storage mode. That way, when you plug in the phone, it will directly bring up your media card like a folder on your computer and you can drag and drop files onto it.
    09-03-08 06:44 PM
    You need a memory card for one. 2g is a good start but get as big as you can afford. The best deals are online. Go to options>media card turn on mass media mode, then just conect to your pc open the pictures file and drop/drag them into the folder. Welcome to CB
    09-03-08 06:46 PM
    Welcome to the world of BB Follow Abeberness' advice above and you should find it easier to move your files back and forth.
    09-03-08 06:47 PM
    Welcome to CB!! hope you enjoy your mobile computer
    09-03-08 06:54 PM
    Just go into the media card options and change the auto enable mass storage mode. That way, when you plug in the phone, it will directly bring up your media card like a folder on your computer and you can drag and drop files onto it.
    That option is (on) on the phone. Did the phone not come with a media card? I thought the guy told me that I had a 1g built into it already?
    09-03-08 06:55 PM
    That option is (on) on the phone. Did the phone not come with a media card? I thought the guy told me that I had a 1g built into it already?
    No, the 8330 only has built in 96MB. There is an expansion slot for a Micro SD card. It goes right under the battery. I'd really recommend buying one and installing it.
    09-03-08 06:59 PM
    ok, will do. But in the meantime do I need one just for a couple pictures? Also once I drag them into the bb once it is connect to the computer, how to I determine where they go so that I can find them on the bb to make it like wallpaper or something?
    09-03-08 07:03 PM
    Also my free space on the media card says 963.5MB.
    09-03-08 07:04 PM
    Also my free space on the media card says 963.5MB.
    Then it sounds like you have a 1GB card in there, so you already have an SD card installed, so all you do is connect your BB to your computer and it should automatically launch on the computer a folder for the card. If you have a password on your device, you will be prompted for that first off, but once you put that in, it should pop up.
    09-03-08 07:06 PM
    then you have a 1g card
    09-03-08 07:06 PM
    ha Abe, you're to fast for me tonight! Have at it.
    09-03-08 07:07 PM
    So what about figuring out how to move the docs to the folder once it is plugged in and them finding them on my bb once they are moved onto it?
    09-03-08 07:11 PM
    Welcome to crackberry.com
    09-03-08 07:12 PM
    So what about figuring out how to move the docs to the folder once it is plugged in and them finding them on my bb once they are moved onto it?
    What kind of docs are you talking about? If you're referring to word documents or powerpoint or excel, then you either need 3rd party software or a 4.5 Beta OS to read/modify anything.
    09-03-08 07:13 PM
    No Im talking about pics that we have on our comp.
    09-03-08 07:14 PM
    No Im talking about pics that we have on our comp.
    Oh, then just copy and paste those into the Blackberry\Pictures folder and you'll be set from there.
    09-03-08 07:18 PM
    Welcome to CB..!

Does anyone know about the other question kamm1688 had regarding to turn the phone on when an email or SMS comes in?? I would like to know about that one as well..
    09-03-08 07:19 PM
    Oh, then just copy and paste those into the Blackberry\Pictures folder and you'll be set from there.
    So these folders that you mention will already be there once I plug it into the comp with the USB cord and I go to copy the pics inside each folder? Sorry for all the questions I just have been trying to use the Roxio thing and it freezes every ten secs so I get a little frustrated and want to make sure when I go home I have the correct info. Thanks for the help so far!
    09-03-08 07:22 PM
    Hi and welcome.
    09-03-08 07:55 PM
    Hello and welcome to CB
    09-04-08 02:59 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    09-05-08 02:40 AM
    Welcome to CB!!!!
    09-05-08 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD