Hi All, I new to this forum and new to blackberry devices. I lucked out and picked up my new verizon storm today. I really like the phone, and would like to download some ringtones from Crackberry, but have been unsuccessful, even after following the tutorial on Crackberry. I emailed the ringtone to my email address associated with my Storm. I highlighted the link to the ringtone and clicked get link. Its after this I get stuck. I try to save it and it doesn't seem to appear anywhere. I've played it on the phone, and clicked the menu button and tried set it as a ringtone. Still no luck. Can someone please provide specific step by step instructions for the Verizon Storm? Thanks for your help.
    11-21-08 03:02 PM
    Good luck getting your problem solved - I can't help you (I have the Curve), but wanted to welcome you to CB!
    11-21-08 07:22 PM
    Kristi, thanks for the warm welcome. Luckily, I solved the problem.

Henry
    11-21-08 09:07 PM
    Well for thos of us who haven't received the yet tell us what you did to solve your problem.
    11-21-08 09:26 PM
    So you emailed it to yourself... right? Then you click the link on your email, browser opens... you select save... then a save file window opens and before you save it... there should be a check box that needs to be selected "Set as Ring Tone" then click save.

Now it should automatically set as your ringtone.

Go to Profiles / Advanced / select your active profile (Normal?) Then scroll down to phone / open that / and you should be able to see and or change your ringtones there.

You can also see your ringtones in your media folder. Media / Ring Tones / All Ringtones or My Ring Tones. Select the ringtone / menu / set as ringtone.

That's how it works for my Bold hopefully leads you down the right path.
    11-22-08 01:22 AM
    Am I missing something here!!!??? Why on earth is everybody going through all that trouble to put ringtones on your Blackberries??? I make my own and very easily plug my phone into the comp using the usb cable and copying my ringtones into the blackberry/ringtone folder. BUT I also have downloaded a few ringtones from crackberry.com the same way by having my BB connected using the usb cable and when I find the ringtone I want to download I simply browse to the ringtone folder on the removable device drive letter associated with my BB and into the ringtones folder. Very simple and its done in about 2 seconds. Although I personally wouldn't directly download any file straight from the web to my phone with out good firewall and anti-virus security software for obvious reasons. Oh by the way you need "mass storage" mode set to "on" for this to work. Call me stupid if you like but it's fast and easy without the email bs you guys are talking about.
    11-22-08 03:58 AM
    11-24-08 05:05 PM
    Am I missing something here!!!??? Why on earth is everybody going through all that trouble to put ringtones on your Blackberries??? I make my own and very easily plug my phone into the comp using the usb cable and copying my ringtones into the blackberry/ringtone folder. BUT I also have downloaded a few ringtones from crackberry.com the same way by having my BB connected using the usb cable and when I find the ringtone I want to download I simply browse to the ringtone folder on the removable device drive letter associated with my BB and into the ringtones folder. Very simple and its done in about 2 seconds. Although I personally wouldn't directly download any file straight from the web to my phone with out good firewall and anti-virus security software for obvious reasons. Oh by the way you need "mass storage" mode set to "on" for this to work. Call me stupid if you like but it's fast and easy without the email bs you guys are talking about.

Hey Tx...noob here...I can't find that blackberry/ringtone folder in Windows explorer....

I dl'd a bunch from CB and put in a folder than dragged to media card...it created a folder called "music" and put them in there...

But now, my mp3 ringtones show along with my music...
    12-13-08 07:50 PM
    When putting mp3 ringtones on you Blackberry do this... First of all you only copy the mp3 files themselves not the whole folder that contains your mp3 ringtones. Select the first mp3 file then hold down the control key on your keyboard on your comp and while holding the ctrl key down select all the mp3 files you want to copy then release the crtl key and right click any of the highlighted files and select "copy". Then simply navigate to your BlackBerry/ ringtones folder of your device using my computer and once in that folder right click anywhere in the folder and select paste. When your Blackberry is connected using the usb cable it will show up in "my computer" as a removable drive with a letter assigned to it. So as for now all you should do is go into your music folder and select the ringtone files you put in there and cut them and paste them into the "ringtones" folder. Once the copy process is completed you can simply unplug your phone from the comp in order to browse you newly added mp3 ringtones. I hope this helps. Its quite simple actually.
    12-13-08 08:07 PM
    You can also make ring tones from any mp3 that you have put on your Storm.
    12-13-08 08:17 PM
    thanks tx...I understand what your saying....however, when I open my computer then blackberry...it has only one folder "music"

However, when I look at the file structure through the phone, I can see the other folders...they just aren't showing up in Windows Explorer for some reason...I do have show hidden and sys files as setting in my WinXP sp3....

Any ideas?

Thanks
    12-13-08 09:16 PM
    so I just formatted the card (through the phone) in hopes the folders would show up...now nothing shows...not even the music folder....

odd
    12-13-08 10:25 PM
    now it's getting' wierd....

unpluged phone....then pluged usb back in...

This time XP mounted two separate drives....one for the device and one for the "blackberry" card...exploring that one showed all the folders...as well, I had access to all the folders on the device as well...many were hidden.

Ideas on what's causing my struggle?
    12-13-08 10:59 PM
    Go into your phones media card options and make sure you enable "mass storage mode". Then connect your phone to your comp with usb and see if you see you media card in "my computer" as a removable drive with all the media folders. I was going to also suggest that you format the card with the phone in order to create the media folders but since you have already done that then you should now have the media folders on your card such as pictures, ringtones, voice recordings, etc. If you don't have those folders now that you've formated and you have "mass storage" mode enabled then I have no other ideas. Post back.
    12-13-08 11:21 PM
    now it's getting' wierd....

unpluged phone....then pluged usb back in...

This time XP mounted two separate drives....one for the device and one for the "blackberry" card...exploring that one showed all the folders...as well, I had access to all the folders on the device as well...many were hidden.

Ideas on what's causing my struggle?
    The two removable drives that show up in "my computer" is normal. ONLY add your ringtones etc to your media card. Don't mess with your actual phone's folders or add content to your phone's memory itself. Since you see all the folders on your card there shouldn't be any problem copying mp3's to the
    [drive letter]:\Blackberry/ringtones/ folder at all.
    12-13-08 11:25 PM
    ...how is this normal to see 2 device drives? I've heard this is not possible! Why do I have 2 device drives and I can use Goodsync or any other proggy and see my SD like its a normal drive? I've been looking to do this for months. Then by chance while my Storm was plugged into my XP machine I removed...synced the card on a USB card reader then reinstalled it in my Storm...all the while still plugged in and on....then the card got assigned a drive letter.

What gives...and how can we make this be able to be turned on to do this on demand?

Big R
    03-07-09 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD