Hey! Got my first ever Blackberry, a Curve, and I love it so far. I've got a couple questions, though, that I haven't been able to find the answers to from looking around.

I have set up both of my primary e-mail addresses with my BB, and it's working fine and dandy. The problem is, I don't really want to be notified every time I get an e-mail. I love being able to easily check it when I want to, but I'd really like it if my phone only buzzed when I got text messages or phone calls. Is there a way to turn off the e-mail acceptance so that the messages only show up when I physically look for them?

On another note, is there a way to set a ringtone for all SMS messages? I'm sure there is, but I haven't quite spotted how.
    11-27-08 08:15 PM
    I cant help with the email question, but if you go to profiles, then scroll down to advanced and select that you can then click on the active profile and set the sounds for all of your message alerts.

Hope it helps.
    11-27-08 08:19 PM
    for ringtones and email preferences you go to profiles-scroll to advanced-highlight one you want to change and hit menu-edit-then change whatever you want to suit your needs
    11-27-08 08:39 PM
    Thanks guys, that helps a lot!

While that does allow me to keep it from ringing when I want, is there a way to actually keep e-mail from showing up in the "messages" folder? I'd love it if the e-mails and SMS messages were kept separate somehow.
    11-27-08 08:46 PM
    Go into messages folder. Hit the menu button, choose "options," then "General Options." Then in "SMS and Email Inboxes" select "separate." Done!

But you will then need to be sure you have not hidden your SMS folder so you can read both email in messages, and SMS in separate folders.
    11-27-08 08:49 PM
    You can separate them. While in messages, click the menu button. Go to options. Near the bottom you have the option to separate them. Then one icon will be for sms/mms. You could also set your notification to none for your emails under the profiles that the others were telling you about.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 08:54 PM
    And....

11-28-08 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD