so i got my curve last night and at first i thought it was going to be the easiest device to us. But later that night i felt like just returning it back because first of all i cant even Download music through roxio for some reason it keeps saying "theres not enough memory on the disc" I dont even know what programs to download on my curve as well...........seriously i found my old phone the sidekick lx to be way easier than this. I know people are going to tell me just look through all the forum but seriously i've tried and dont know where to go.
    07-26-08 09:49 AM
    Don't get overly frustrated, check out the link 101 in my signature....... it's not that much of a learning process, but once you get a hang of it, you will love it... but also Blackberries are not for everyone.....
    07-26-08 10:04 AM
    Do you have a memory card? The device its self has very limited space if your going to put a lot of music on it you should get about a 4g card

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-08 10:05 AM
    Hello and welcome! BB is really an easy device to use. Of course it's harder than a sidekick - sidekick is a basic phone. Just be patient. You'll get the hang of it.

07-26-08 10:15 AM
    Don't give up! I have been "addicted" for about a month now, and between playing around with it on my own and reading from this site, I have been able to do just about anything that I needed to do. You do need a memory card if you want to load up with media, but remember, the curve is not an ipod!

By the way, thanks to all of the experts who have posted so much information for us "newbies" to read.
    07-26-08 10:41 AM
    Get the 8gb micro sd card and you will be good. You will be able to drag and drop pics,music,movies, etc.... Without using desktop manager or roxio

07-26-08 11:13 AM
    ^^^^ welcome to cb! the old stuff is always easier.but the old stuff was new stuff at one time and you kept it because when you got use to it it was better and easier. give it some time and im sure youll love it.
    07-26-08 11:40 AM
    Welcome to CB.
    07-26-08 11:41 AM
    You need a micro sd card to put music on your BB. Otherwise you may only be able to load a couple of songs and then eat all of your available memory.
    07-26-08 11:42 AM
    It definitely takes a little to get used to but its definitely worth the time to learn how to use it. It took me a few days on CB and lots of random question asking to figure out some things ~ dont worry you will get it.

Welcome to CB
    07-26-08 11:46 AM
    Welcome to CB. It definitely takes some getting use to when it comes to the curve. Buy yourself a memory card, and you should be able to load music then.

07-26-08 11:49 AM
    thanks for the help on the music part you guys. I will get my self a micro sd card. Do you guys recommend me to get opera mini for web broswers because from what i heard the one already in the curver isn't good?
    07-26-08 11:51 AM
    Welcome to CB! Get to know the bb qa little better, then I'm sure you'll love it.

07-26-08 12:05 PM
    Don't give up! I felt the same way when I first switched from my helio ocean to my curve but don't worry once you get the hang you will have NO regrets you wil be addicted

07-26-08 12:09 PM
    the same with any phone you just have to get used to it. the possibilities are almost endless with your bb once you know how to use it properly.
    07-26-08 12:14 PM
    Hello and welcome to the crackberry.com family.
    07-26-08 02:43 PM
    Don't give up! I felt the same way when I first switched from my helio ocean to my curve but don't worry once you get the hang you will have NO regrets you wil be addicted

lol you used to have an ocean, I just switched from mine to a pearl a couple days ago

07-26-08 02:56 PM
    Welkome to BB. Get a micro card you will be all set.

07-26-08 05:50 PM
    Don't give up. I've had my curve for about 3 weeks. It took time but now I love it. I will never own another phone.

07-26-08 05:54 PM
    the curve is the sweetest phone i have had to date. like everyone else here has stated get a memory card and u will be good to go i have a 1gb and have tons of crap on it time to get a 8gb
    07-26-08 06:31 PM
    hey, i just cme out of a LX, got it and returned it 5 days later for my Curve. when i was returning noticed my Curve didn't come with a micro-sd card, so the t-mobile rep at the store said i ould take the one from the LX... so if u have urs laying around.. use it!

yea the LX is nice and all, big screen, and with the new OTA update it should be pretty bitchin' but you get a blackberry for diff reasons than sidekick.. as somone said, its no ipod.

i'm a newbie too, but welcome!
    07-27-08 05:00 AM
    Mini Opera is a good choice to add. Welcome to the addiction!!!
    07-27-08 05:35 AM
    Don't get discouraged! I went from a standard phone to the BB Pearl in Feb 07 and it took a while to get the hang of it but now I can't do a regular phone! Keep with it and give it some more practice, the benefits far outweigh the learning process (if that makes sense).

I'm a newbie too
    07-27-08 07:40 PM
    Welcome to CB
    07-27-08 07:44 PM
    Welcome to CB. =)

I'm going to agree with what everyone else has said here. Get a memory card, give it some time, and read the newbie section and how-to sections of the forum. There's a wealth of info here! Made my transition from a flip phone to a BB go smoothly over a few days. Good luck!

07-28-08 02:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD