Hi, I just joined because I have a blackberry Curve 8310 coming to me. I should have it by tomorrow.

I only realized that I may have issues with it. I went to the at&t store yesterday and messed around with the BB.
    My issue was that the trackball felt so rough against my fingers. I am just trying to figure out if this is only on that phone or is all the trackballs for the curve feel that way.

Other than that I am so excited about my phone.

Sorry about my little issue at the top there. But I'm glad I joined this site. ever since I decided to get the phone, I noticed that there are so much site out there dedicated to the blackberry, and for that I am grateful.
    05-28-08 04:38 PM
    Welcome to CRACKberry and the wonderful world of Blackberry. Hope you enjoy your new Curve. It was a good choice. I have thouroughly enjoyed mine since I got it in Feburary. Have fun and enjoy the site and your new phone.
    05-28-08 05:13 PM
    Welcome to CB greenlove... You will find lots of great info and friends here!
    05-28-08 05:14 PM
    welcome to cb! you can adjust the sensitivity on the trackball. it is a little rough.
    05-28-08 05:21 PM
    thanks guys. and I will most def.. try to adjust the trackball sensitivity
    05-28-08 06:22 PM
    Hi and welcome.
    05-28-08 06:44 PM
    Welcome to the best BB site on the net. I think once you get playin with your new toy you'll forget all about your track ball, or atleast i hope so the BB is a great phone this is my first too, had a SideKick before
    05-28-08 06:44 PM
    Welcome 2 Crackberry.com
    05-28-08 08:39 PM
    Welcome!
    05-28-08 09:50 PM
    Welcome to CB. Stick around and you'll be a pro in no time.
    05-28-08 10:07 PM
    Welcome! You're going to love your Curve. It's sleek, smart, and sexy. As far as the trackball, it seems to be luck of the draw to get a smooth ball. Hopefully yours will be the smooth one.

In the mean time, check out this link to some other posts where members share what applications they have installed on their Berries. It's a great way of getting exposed to some awesome and helpful apps.
    05-28-08 10:08 PM
    Welcome! You're going to love your Curve. It's sleek, smart, and sexy. As far as the trackball, it seems to be luck of the draw to get a smooth ball. Hopefully yours will be the smooth one.

In the mean time, check out link to some other posts where members share what applications they have installed on their Berries. It's a great way of getting exposed to some awesome and helpful apps.

Thank you for the link.
    and I do hope to get used to the trackball.

as for the applications. are they supposed to be downloaded to the computer, and then from there u load to the phone?
    05-28-08 10:56 PM
    Welcome to CB and enjoy the best BB website.
    05-29-08 09:24 AM
    Thank you for the link.
    and I do hope to get used to the trackball.

as for the applications. are they supposed to be downloaded to the computer, and then from there u load to the phone?
    You can certainly download the apps to your computer and use the Application Loader on your Desktop Manager to load them into your Berry.

Most application websites can be accessed via your BB browser and allow you to download the apps OTA directly to your Berry. OTA is Over The Air, which means you can download the apps directly to your Berry, via the browser. I find that this is a better way of doing it.

If the websites to these apps is not shown in the posts, do a search for the app and include the word BlackBerry in the search.

For example, Google Maps for BlackBerry, or Digby for Blackberry as most applications can be intalled in other phones. I hope this helps.
    05-29-08 03:21 PM
    Welcome to the world of blackberries!
    05-30-08 08:22 AM
    You can certainly download the apps to your computer and use the Application Loader on your Desktop Manager to load them into your Berry.

Most application websites can be accessed via your BB browser and allow you to download the apps OTA directly to your Berry. OTA is Over The Air, which means you can download the apps directly to your Berry, via the browser. I find that this is a better way of doing it.

If the websites to these apps is not shown in the posts, do a search for the app and include the word BlackBerry in the search.

For example, Google Maps for BlackBerry, or Digby for Blackberry as most applications can be intalled in other phones. I hope this helps.

thanks. I have a question.. Do i need to subscribe to the gps in order to use google maps for Blackberry?
    05-31-08 10:45 PM
    thanks. I have a question.. Do i need to subscribe to the gps in order to use google maps for Blackberry?
    I'm a Sprint customer and I do not have to subscribe to any Sprint GPS service other than a data plan. I don't believe ATT charges seperately for the use of GPS. Specially for BB Maps.

My brother has ATT service and he doesn't pay anything extra. That is, other than a BB media or data plan. Just open the app, open the menu and click on "start GPS navigation" or something similar.

If you have the data plan, you have GPS.
    05-31-08 11:25 PM
    ok thanks. I tried downloading it from google, but it was not working. it would say error, when i tried from my phone as well.

But i did get it to work when i downloaded it from handango.
    05-31-08 11:37 PM
    Google Maps won't connect to your internal GPS. Only to a Bluetooth GPS. BB Maps works great.
    06-01-08 12:34 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry. Let the addiction begin

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-08 12:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD