im not sure if there is anything in the forums about this, but im havin some problems with my new 8330. and since im brand new to using a BB im not sure what to do about it. but it seems that if my phone is in the case overnight locked when i take it out the voice dialing screen comes up and just hangs theres, and then today my phone reset itself when i was tryin to use the browser. and also, for some reason when i woke up this morning my battery was almost dead even though it was full when i went to bed. thanks for the help in advance i could use it lol
    12-15-08 10:04 AM
    I know my curves case fits tighter. Did you hit a side key setting when putting it in or taking out of the case??
    And welcome to cb. Enjoy.
    12-15-08 10:08 AM
    I know my curves case fits tighter. Did you hit a side key setting when putting it in or taking out of the case??
    And welcome to cb. Enjoy.
    well my voicedialing isnt set to one my side buttons i changed that right away lol so if i did push a side button, my camera or msgs should come up
    12-15-08 10:12 AM
    1. allways pug in BB overnight perticuarily if you leave the phone on allnight you can damage the battery.

2. it does seem like there is a softwear issue, if its a brand new phone take it back to the place you got it and see what they can do, it could be as simple as wipeing the device, resetting it then reloading everything but if you new to BB its best to let sprint do it.........but if its a brand new phone they may even replace it
    12-15-08 10:12 AM
    For the batt being dead I would think you may have something running. The phone resetting can be memory. Are you closing out all programs properly? And hows the memory on the phone.
    12-15-08 10:14 AM
    1. allways pug in BB overnight perticuarily if you leave the phone on allnight you can damage the battery.

2. it does seem like there is a softwear issue, if its a brand new phone take it back to the place you got it and see what they can do, it could be as simple as wipeing the device, resetting it then reloading everything but if you new to BB its best to let sprint do it.........but if its a brand new phone they may even replace it
    oh ok, i didnt know it had to be plugged in overnight to prevent damage to the battery that wouldnt be cool. and unfortunatly i ordered online for a special price thing and all that. but i am tryin to get a hold of sprint to see what they will do, but seems like everyone is tryin to get a hold of em today lol
    12-15-08 10:16 AM
    For the batt being dead I would think you may have something running. The phone resetting can be memory. Are you closing out all programs properly? And hows the memory on the phone.
    i dunno if im closing out the apps out all the correctly i might not be, im very at this so, im sure im not lol, didnt know there was a right and wrong way. i usually just press the end button but im guessing thats not the way to do it
    12-15-08 10:18 AM
    i dunno if im closing out the apps out all the correctly i might not be, im very at this so, im sure im not lol, didnt know there was a right and wrong way. i usually just press the end button but im guessing thats not the way to do it
    Open up all your 3rd party apps. Close with the menu. Don't do a wipe unless its a last resort. It's usually not needed. And you can read up on proper charging methods through these threads. Basically there arent any. lol. Charge when needed. I've never charged overnight. Just turned the phone off. It's all personal. And you didn't tell me what your memory is sitting at.
    12-15-08 10:25 AM
    Open up all your 3rd party apps. Close with the menu. Don't do a wipe unless its a last resort. It's usually not needed. And you can read up on proper charging methods through these threads. Basically there arent any. lol. Charge when needed. I've never charged overnight. Just turned the phone off. It's all personal. And you didn't tell me what your memory is sitting at.
    oh sorry, im not sure on the memory thing, how do i check that?
    12-15-08 10:26 AM
    oh sorry, im not sure on the memory thing, how do i check that?
    Go to options.status. Your file free. And make sure you're closing your browser with your menu and close as well.
    12-15-08 10:28 AM
    Go to options.status. Your file free. And make sure you're closing your browser with your menu and close as well.
    ok file free is 44588116
    12-15-08 10:29 AM
    Can't read your reply. PM me for help if needed. Or just start again here. Too many quotes .
    12-15-08 10:45 AM
    ok, if i have the weather thing set up on just my browser will it only update when i open the browser or will it just update all the time? and no dont have viigo or whatever that is lol, and the theme i use is one of the default ones that came with the phone
    12-15-08 10:55 AM
    how do i get my memory back down? and is there a way to see what apps are left up and running?
    12-15-08 10:58 AM
    I have weathereye and had to go into its options to have the update set to every 4 rather than constant. You don't have 3rd party apps or not alot. I'd make sure your browser is closed properly and keep and eye on the battery. My phone had done a random reboot before but it was due to a faulty memory card. If it starts rebooting alot remove the memory card and see if that stops it.
    12-15-08 11:01 AM
    well i have some apps from sprint. like the sprint tv and NFL live dunno if all those are 3rd party. the only other one that is 3rd party is the CB launcher
    12-15-08 11:08 AM
    If its web based you need to close it. Hit menu . scroll down to close and shut it completely. They can be a drain on batt. Just keep an eye on the phone. Call sprint if the prob continues in case it is a hardware issue at least they will be aware of it.
    12-15-08 11:12 AM
    ok, how do i get my memory back down? just by closing apps? or do i have to clear a cache or anything like that?
    12-15-08 11:14 AM
    and ill start closing all my apps by way of menu and close, i wish i would have know that before lol this may solve my issue, oh and what about the whole voice dialing thing? should i just contact sprint about that?
    12-15-08 11:16 AM
    Your memory is good. Your at 44? Thats amazingly high and good. Keep it over 12. You can go to browser and options and clear cache once a week to keep it clean. And the voice dialing stayed on? You couldn't leave the page?
    12-15-08 11:19 AM
    well the voice dialing seems to only happen if i leave it in the case overnight, and it just kinda hangs there, i can usually shut the phone off by holding the power button. but im just not sure why its doing it lol
    12-15-08 11:22 AM
    You might want to phone about that. See if a buttton is being hit by mistake and the calling feature is running. My sons pearl was doing that and he was charged for 8 hour phone calls. Better safe than sorry.
    12-15-08 11:26 AM
    oh thats no good, alright ill do that. thanks for all your help, i really appreciate it lol, im really glad i found this site
    12-15-08 11:27 AM
    You'll enjoy the phone and the site. Lots of ppl here to help. And let me know how you made out.
    Last edited by Chicklet; 12-15-08 at 11:34 AM.
    12-15-08 11:30 AM
    well sprint is sending me a new phone cause of the voice dialing screen coming up by itself and just hanging there lol
    12-15-08 12:10 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD