Hi, I have been reading this forum for months and I finally ordered the BB Curve 8330 in Pink!! It should be here on Wednesday. Now that I have finally done it I am a little nervous. I consider myself to be somewhat tech savvy but I am afraid I am out of my league. I currently have the Voyager and I love it and have had no problems with it. I guess my questions are: 1) Can I do this? 2) As long as I don't try to do anything advanced, am I going to be OK? 3) Will my addiction to cb.com increase?

I have actually been worrying about the return process because I am scared I need a developer mentality...will all this fade once I get it?
    08-16-08 11:58 AM
    yes you can BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com start here welcome to cb !
    08-16-08 12:08 PM
    First of all, congratulations on your new BB, and welcome to the CB family. Now that you have taken that initial first step of your purchase, how do you feel about it? You can do it, you will learn as you go, like most of us did. With the BB, I don't think the fasination will ever off, it only gets better.
    I am sure you will become addicted like the rest of us. What is it to life without a Blackberry? You too will learn the answer to this. lol Good luck.
    08-16-08 12:09 PM
    You should have no problem at all using your 8330. You made an excellent device choice, because the extra memory in the 8330 will keep you from having memory issues while you are learning to use your phone. In particular, you will see a lot of discussion on the forum about upgrading the operating system on your phone. Don't worry about it! You can do all that when you're ready.

The only disappointment you may be in for is that Verizon disables the internal GPS on their phones. There is nothing you can do about that, except return the phone and change carriers, or get an external bluetooth GPS.

Welcome to the forums! For good, general information, be sure to check out the Getting Started Guide and the BlackBerry 101 Lecture Series under the Newbies tab at the top of the page.

And of course, hang out here, read the posts, and ask questions. We're glad to have you!
    08-16-08 12:14 PM
    Hi, I have been reading this forum for months and I finally ordered the BB Curve 8330 in Pink!! It should be here on Wednesday. Now that I have finally done it I am a little nervous. I consider myself to be somewhat tech savvy but I am afraid I am out of my league. I currently have the Voyager and I love it and have had no problems with it. I guess my questions are: 1) Can I do this? 2) As long as I don't try to do anything advanced, am I going to be OK? 3) Will my addiction to cb.com increase?

I have actually been worrying about the return process because I am scared I need a developer mentality...will all this fade once I get it?
    you will be ok its a very smart move getting a bb and trust me with the curve you will like it ....now when you think your getting stuck on something like what to do with something on your bb. then remeber you have huge crackberry family for support and the adiction will only increase as you continue to learn the bb ........... What is it to life without a Blackberry? Smooth69Style is so right
    and last but not least welcome to cb and enjoy the adiction
    08-16-08 01:02 PM
    Welcome and congrats! You are going to love the Curve!

This is also my first BB, and so far I have learned everything from this site! Everyone here are soooooo helpful and friendly!

I agree that I think at first being such a different device than I had, it was a bit overwhelming as to the difference in features and settings, but now I understand them and still learn more everyday!

Good Luck
    08-16-08 01:22 PM
    Welcome and congrats! You are going to love the Curve!

This is also my first BB, and so far I have learned everything from this site! Everyone here are soooooo helpful and friendly!

I agree that I think at first being such a different device than I had, it was a bit overwhelming as to the difference in features and settings, but now I understand them and still learn more everyday!

Good Luck
    I just purchased a curve 8830 with verizon as well! I love everything about it and also have learned a lot of great information from this site!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-08 01:37 PM
    I just purchased a curve 8830 with verizon as well! I love everything about it and also have learned a lot of great information from this site!

welcome icemike to the best adiction and welcome to cb
    08-16-08 01:41 PM
    Welcome to CB and enjoy the addiction!
    08-16-08 01:58 PM
    Welcome to CB and congrats on your Curve. Trust me, you're gonna love it and the answers to all three of your questions are YES!!!!
    08-16-08 02:00 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry, congrats on your new Curve. You will love your Curve and this is a great forum with lots of information.
    08-16-08 02:12 PM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    08-16-08 03:21 PM
    Hello & welcome! Yep your addiction will increase....... Enjoy your new phone

08-16-08 06:00 PM
    Thank you all for such a great welcome. Like I said I have been lurking here for months and I read a lot of wireless forums, etc., this is without a doubt the best group. I can't wait till Wednesday!!!
    08-16-08 06:56 PM
    Welcome to CB. Enjoy the Curve.
    08-16-08 07:29 PM
    1)Yes
    2)Yes
    3)Yes

08-16-08 07:46 PM
    hello and welcome to cb keep it crackalackin
    08-18-08 11:10 AM
    Welcome to CB!!!
    08-19-08 10:06 AM
    Welcome!!! If you have any problems don't be afraid to ask. Most questions you may have probably have been asked already so a quick search is always a good idea....
    08-19-08 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD