Well, new to the bb, but I'm coming over from a palm and a phone so I lightened my load. I got off the road and don't see a need in getting the data plan since...well I've got the tude that if it's that important the world must be ending then...it does not really matter right?? Well...I can't quite say how I did not do this earlier it would have made my life on OTR soooo much easier. Now that I finally got my bb up and running and am getting used to typing instead of writing on the screen, browsing my calender while on speaker (still need to get an ear bud). Got my ringtones goin(waiting on a microsd). The thing that is buggin me is, am I missin something by not being connected through my bb. Part of me says yes and my wife says no. Any pros or cons to this? The last time I looked at data plans etc it was pricey. I'm with cingular and they seem to have some reasonable deals? At any rate just wanted to say howdy and get some feedback on the pros of getting connected. The other thing I may do is the occasional trips I will take just activate it as needed???Just a thought, any feed back!!
    03-22-07 08:09 PM
    The thing that is buggin me is, am I missin something by not being connected through my bb. Part of me says yes and my wife says no. Any pros or cons to this? The last time I looked at data plans etc it was pricey. I'm with cingular and they seem to have some reasonable deals? At any rate just wanted to say howdy and get some feedback on the pros of getting connected. The other thing I may do is the occasional trips I will take just activate it as needed???Just a thought, any feed back!!
    In a word, YES! The BB only comes to life when you have data plan that takes advantage of all its potential. Believe me, you are missing out on what your BB can do.

That being said, welcome aboard! And, don't feel you have to do something that you don't want to, but you may want to add a data plan even for just a month and see if it appeals to you.
    03-22-07 08:46 PM
    Very well said...I second that!!

And yes, Welcome!!

In a word, YES! The BB only comes to life when you have data plan that takes advantage of all its potential. Believe me, you are missing out on what your BB can do.

That being said, welcome aboard! And, don't feel you have to do something that you don't want to, but you may want to add a data plan even for just a month and see if it appeals to you.
    03-22-07 09:47 PM
    Welcome to crackberry.com! I agree with the others... I think you are missing something without the data plan. I'd suggest getting it for one month, and see what you think about it. I believe Cingular's plan for personal BIS is only $29.99 a month if you have a voice plan also. However, I'm betting that once you try it out, you won't want to give it up.
    03-22-07 09:55 PM
    Backing up everything that everyone one has said....I started out like you with no plan - but really once you have one....you have to have it....ALL THE TIME
    03-23-07 03:49 PM
    ...the addiction is spreading, quickly too! Welcome, enjoy your stay.
    03-23-07 11:39 PM
    Welcome to CB enjoy your stay!!
    12-12-07 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD